Local Historians

Ancestor Gateway Forum - Family History New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Local Historians
Topic Originator: Paul Reedman
Post Date January 20, 2007 @ 9:05 PM
 Local Historians

Paul Reedman
January 20, 2007 @ 9:05 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Does anyone know any local historians in Stamford that I can contact as I've come up against a brick wall with a few things researching my family history. Have looked on Google without any success. Be handy if anyone knows any local genealogists (hope I've spelt that right) as well as they may help with a few other things.
Kate:  Hello Paul.  I think you would find belonging to the Lincolnshire List beneficial.  I belong to it.  First of all after you have subscribed (free) you then sit back and watch the info in the emails other people send to the list.  After you get the hang of how things are done you can submit your own queries.  Hopefully, someone on there will either have the research documents you need or will have experience and can help you with the problems you have conducting your research.  I have found the list very helpful and also interesting.
I don't know if you have joined any of the county lists before?  Anyway, you have to send an email to the list name.  In the subject line of your email you just type subscribe.  Nothing else.  And then in the text of the email you also just type subscribe.  You should then after a time get a copy coming back to you of that email, this shows you have successfully subscribed.  Then you start to get a copy of the emails other people are sending to the list.  To unsubscribe you do the same thing only using unsubscribe.  Hope you will find this useful. Email address follows:
ENG-LINCSGEN-L-request@rootsweb.com