Stamford School Roll of Honour
 RE: Stamford School Roll of Honour
 RE: Stamford School Roll of Honour

Nick McCarthy
November 4, 2013 @ 11:27 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Greetings,
Over the past several months I have been compiling and researching the list of names of all those old boys and masters of Stamford School, who died in World War One.
The list below is (at this moment in time) a definitive list of the 52 men who died, sourced from the names recorded in the School Chapel and those uncovered through the course of my research.
Anyone who has any information on any of the names recorded below, I would be very grateful to hear from you. My email address on which to contact me is nicholasjmccarthy@hotmail.com

All the research that I am currently conducting, once compiled alongside that of the School's own, will I hope be available for all to see, and serve as a fitting testament to those who gave their lives all those years ago.
John Alfred Raymond Andrews
Walter Clay Arnold
George Louis Atkinson
Barnard Reeve Beechey
Charles Reeve Beechey
Leonard Reeve Beechey
Charles Goodeve Bird
Albert Moisey Blades
Charles Evelyn Branwhite
Ewart Blake Carvath
George Herbert Clark
Seaforth St John Clarke
William Colin Close
Cyril Shakespeare Clulee
Arthur William Spring Cowie
Albert Howell Curtis
Harry Reginald Curtis
Horace Curtis
Francis Madensfield Davis
Oswald Carr Fiennes Elliott
Arthur Cecil Evans
Aubrey Edmund Glew
Charles Shortland Gray
John Parnwell Gray
George Henry Whitmore Griffiths
Victor Andre Grivel
Henry Harrison
Ernest Hudson
Herbert William Jackson
Geoffrey Anthony St John Jones
Charles Ernest Knight
Herbert Nettleton Leakey
Cyril Humphreys Leary
Charles Lowe
William Percival Markwick
George Murphy
John Anthony Nowers
Leonard Ison Pitt
Thomas Francis Senescall
Stanley Le Fleming Shepherd
Harry Skelton
Edward Smalley
Harold Thomas Springthorpe
Charles Cyril Staplee
Arthur Frederick Taverner
Philip James Thrower
William Harold Wass
Francis Whincup
Maurice Herbert Wood
William Richardson Wright
Frederick Henry Young

Pat Firth
April 23, 2014 @ 2:01 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I have found your link on ancestry gateway forum. I am researching the names on the Easton on the Hill War Memorial - in particular the Curtis family, whose names appear on your Stamford School List - Harry Reginald Curtis, Albert Howell Curtis and Horace Curtis.  I have found out their war records and other information. Shall we share this?
Regards Mrs Pat Firth
Kate: Hi Pat.  I think you need to email Nicholas McCarthy as follows:- nicholasjmccarthy@hotmail.com

Pat Firth
April 25, 2014 @ 10:16 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I have seen your message regarding the old boys who died in WW1. I live in Easton on the Hill and am researching the stories of the names on our war memorial ready for our commemoration activities here in early August.
Three of the Stamford names from the same family appear.  Albert Howell Curtis, Harry Reginald Curtis and Horace Curtis.  If you email me I can send you the details of their military records. Do you have any photographs of these boys we can use in our exhibition in August?
Thank you
Mrs Pat Firth
Kate: Hello again Pat.  I think you have misunderstood me. You need to email
Nick on his email address which is
nicholasjmccarthy@hotmail.com
If this email address is not working for you let me know and I will contact Stamford School to find out who you need to be in touch with.  Hope we can get the information you are needing.

Vivienne Verren
September 29, 2014 @ 10:18 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Dear Nick
I stumbled upon your post last night and wanted to contact you.  My Great-Great Uncle was Charles Goodeve Bird, on the Stamford Roll of Honour.  I have compiled quite a bit of information on his service in WW1 over the past months (some you may already have) but if you would like copies of what I have please email me directly and I will send them over to you.  The one thing I don't have is a photograph, we can't find any in the family archives of him, so if you have one I would really appreciate a copy.
Hope to hear from you.
Regards
Vivienne

Nick
October 4, 2014 @ 2:38 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Vivienne,

Good to hear from you. Yes will be more than happy to help.
Will email you soon.

NICK

mjcarvath
January 31, 2016 @ 11:47 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

having sent information on uncle Ewart carvath I was expecting to hear from nicholas when the book was published. Apparently this happened last year! please get in touch. Marion Carvath