Mac Fisheries

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Mac Fisheries
Topic Originator: tim musgrove
Post Date March 9, 2013 @ 10:13 PM
 Mac Fisheries
 Mac Fisheries/offcuts
  Mac Fisheries
  Mac Fisheries
 : Mac Fisheries
 Mac Fisheries

tim musgrove
March 9, 2013 @ 10:13 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

there is web site that is for the shops of Mac fisheries and this does have a photo of the stamford shop front and little bit about it
http://www.macfisheries.co.uk/page3.htm

Richard Campbell.
March 16, 2013 @ 7:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I remember it well. My Grandmother used to buy fish 'offcuts' and boil them up for her cat.....Kipper Herin!!! Sometimes it used to get 'lights' from Dewhursts....where I ended up as an errand boy around 1964.....No commercial cat meat then.

beryl ingham
March 28, 2013 @ 5:33 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

i worked there 1962 Mr Jones was the manager i worked in the little cash desk i also did the wages .we got extra wages for working in the cold my name was Mitchell then also my sister Jean worked in the shop

Nick
March 4, 2016 @ 9:58 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Beryl, do you remember my mum, Edith Hand, she worked in MacFisheries, Mr Jones was the manager, I cannot remember the year, certainly mid sixties. I can remember Mrs Busby, Mrs Nix as staff there. I remember Mr Jones lived in a flat at the rear of the shop, there was a door at the side, and an alley that led to the rear entrance. I remember well the little office you refer too, I also remember the small staff room under the stairs, and the back of the shop where the ice machine was.

Beryl Ingham
March 8, 2016 @ 4:29 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

sorry I cant remember her but every thing else you said is right.

Roger Hardingham
March 21, 2016 @ 10:36 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

As a young recruit at WH Smiths next door to MacFisheries, I well recall the removal of waste fish on, I think, Tuesday mornings. The smell in the High Street was horrendous!