stamford fair and festivals

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: stamford fair and festivals
Topic Originator: tim musgrove
Post Date October 22, 2013 @ 10:56 PM
 RE: stamford fair and festivals

tim musgrove
October 22, 2013 @ 10:56 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

just to let you know frank cook has started to post his videos of the fairs and festivals he took from the early eighties onwards on youtube
search for stamford fair and stamford festival

Roger Partridge
October 25, 2013 @ 6:29 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Thanks for the info, Tim. Will take a look in the next few days.

Roger Partridge
November 2, 2013 @ 7:22 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Tim, I don't know if you noticed, but about 5 mins into "Stamford Festival 1984 3/5" there's a H E Musgrove ERF artic "French Connection"

Mike Laughton
June 6, 2016 @ 4:03 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Just been looking at Frank's videos of Stamford Fairs and Festivals! Brilliant!
I think Frank must have filmed every Festival and Mid-Lent fair from about 1983 onwards.
The Festival videos include footage of the carnival parades, Stamford half-marathons, flea markets, water jousting and all kinds of fancy dress parades and arena exhibitions including tae kwan do groups. If you lived in Stamford during the 80s or 90s chances are you are on one of the videos.
And there's lots of familiar local faces in the mid-lent fair footage,
Frank has also put his "The Big Bang" video on You Tube. This is the blowing up the the Ketton Cement chimney in September 1988. It lasts about 35 mins. The other videos are all about an hour long but shown in two or three parts on You Tube.

Sally Freestone
February 1, 2018 @ 5:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I am trying to get in touch with Frank Cook, as I would like to interview him for an article I’m writing about the Fane School.  I’ve seen his very interesting film about its demolition on YouTube. Do you happen to know if he lives in Stamford, or Have any contact info.  Many thanks.