bedford tk fire appliances

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: bedford tk fire appliances
Topic Originator: tom mytton
Post Date October 31, 2015 @ 3:09 PM
  Bedford TK fire appliances
 RE: bedford tk fire appliances

tom mytton
October 31, 2015 @ 3:09 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

hi im doing a bit of reasearch and wondered if anyone could help. im looking for two bedford tk fire appliances that served at stamford from late seventies to mid/late   eighties or so when the fleet i believe was changed . the reg numbers  cvl 639t and ytl 463s if any current firefighters or retired staff from stamford station reading this did you drive the machines? or can you say where they are now ?

Jim Hussey
November 7, 2015 @ 6:30 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

The T Ks went in 1988 when we got 2 new volvos for the Stations 100th birthday. The T K Rescue Tender soldiered on for a few years until the advent of the Rescue Pump. There are some photos of all Stamford`s Fire appliances on show at the Fire Station. I do not know the fate of the T Ks as there were many of them through the Brigade. The type was in demand for breaking for spares, and some of them may have ended up in the former Yugoslavia as part of Operation Florian.

tom mytton
November 8, 2015 @ 11:11 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

hi jim many thanks for the reply i seem to remember before the tks there were two other bedford's but cant remember if they had r wheel escapes on the back i seem also to recall that they were petrol although i may be wrong

Jim Hussey
November 9, 2015 @ 8:26 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Most of the older T Ks were petrol, they were much faster than the deisels. They were all by different coachbuilders and didn`t even look like a Bedford or were marked as Bedford. I only did 10 yrs on T Ks. the rest of the time on Volvos.