Stamford Station

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Stamford Station
Topic Originator: Mike Ireson
Post Date June 20, 2016 @ 8:42 PM
 Stamford Station
 RE: Stamford Station
  Stamford Station
 Stamford Station
  Stamford Station
 RE: Stamford Station

Mike Ireson
June 20, 2016 @ 8:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

by kind permission of Mike Ireson

Thought you may like to see this picture of Stamford North Station
about 1904-1912
The man peering between the 2 men near the engine was my uncle George
Jackson. He eventually went on to become a driver at Rugby.

STAMFORDSTATION NORTH

John Tyers
June 23, 2016 @ 5:52 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Beg to take issue but that is the Stamford Town station and not Stamford Northern. At that time the former was served by the Midland and London and North Western Railway trains.  The locomotive in your fascinating photo is a LNWR engine designed by Mr Webb in the Seaton bay.  The extension on from there to Uppingham was not opened until 1897 I believe. Those branches closed in 1959 sadly.  I used to travel up to Uppingham frequently by the service to visit my Grandmother.

July 7, 2016 @ 8:02 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I enjoyed the picture. Thank you very much for sharing.

John Tyers
July 9, 2016 @ 3:55 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

It would be nice to know the names of the station staff shown in this intriguing photo. Maybe some of their descendants are still local today.

Mike Ireson
July 27, 2016 @ 6:43 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

My mistake, I should have put Stamford Town not Stamford North. A slip of the keyboard!

Tracy
November 30, 2016 @ 1:11 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Your point of view is much appreciated! I have never watched this movie before, but I read a couple of articles. One of them has been published online: [url=http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/about-pride-and-prejudice][img]http://bigpaperwriter.com/uploads/2089/images/pride-and-prejudice.jpg[/img] [/url]