Exeter Ward Stamford Hospital

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Exeter Ward Stamford Hospital
Topic Originator: MAGGIE J BRANNIGAN
Post Date December 12, 2017 @ 6:39 PM
 Exeter Ward Stamford Hospital
 RE: Exeter Ward Stamford Hospital

MAGGIE J BRANNIGAN
December 12, 2017 @ 6:39 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

My father was in Exeter Ward at Stamford Hospital in the 1960's and 70's. Does anyone remember who the really strict Ward Sister was? Also does anyone remember a Sister Chapman (Can't remember her first name).She lived next door to us in Empingham Road. Thanks

John Tyers
January 3, 2018 @ 9:12 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I believe the genial Sister Coles was there sometime in the sixties but she was a very patient, amenable and nice lady.  When I was briefly a patient, I earnestly recall Mr Thompson the renowned and gifted surgeon doing one of his aggrieved "comedy" acts for the benefit of the patients and Sister Coles innocently acting as his foil and stooge!

John Tyers
January 3, 2018 @ 9:12 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I believe the genial Sister Coles was there sometime in the sixties but she was a very patient, amenable and nice lady.  When I was briefly a patient, I earnestly recall Mr Thompson the renowned and gifted surgeon doing one of his aggrieved "comedy" acts for the benefit of the patients and Sister Coles innocently acting as his foil and stooge!

Jill
January 4, 2018 @ 6:18 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Was it Moira Lock?

Roger Partridge
January 6, 2018 @ 7:36 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I'm pretty certain it was Sister Mary Coles who sadly died a month ago aged 94