GENERAL STORE IN SCOTGATE 1960'S

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: GENERAL STORE IN SCOTGATE 1960'S
Topic Originator: MAGGIE J BRANNIGAN
Post Date February 16, 2018 @ 1:25 PM
 GENERAL STORE IN SCOTGATE 1960'S
 RE: GENERAL STORE IN SCOTGATE 1960'S

MAGGIE J BRANNIGAN
February 16, 2018 @ 1:25 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

There used to be a General Store in Scotgate in the 1960' and possibly 70's run by a couple with the name Harris. Does anyone remember its name. It was across the road from Ron Goode's Newsagents

D farman
May 6, 2018 @ 3:19 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I remember the grocers shop in scotgate and the name of the owner was a Mr Smith ,quite a tall man and the lady that worked with him was called Mrs Simon.

Roger Partridge
May 6, 2018 @ 5:46 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yes, 65, Scotgate. It had become H Pauley by 1969

Peter Leatherbarrow
May 18, 2018 @ 8:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

That would have been  Flack's, in the middle of St Georges Street opposite Scotgate. At the bottom of St Georges Street, opposite Esme Hairdresser (owned by Mrs Trowel) was a sweetshop run by Mr and Mrs Dobbs. What a kindly couple they were too!

Roger Partridge
May 23, 2018 @ 8:08 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Peter, Flack's was opposite St Leonard's Street, not Scotgate, which runs from All Saints Place to Casterton Road

John Tyers
May 24, 2018 @ 4:40 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

The last proprietors of the Grocery in Scotgate was my old army pal, the genial John Stubbs and his wife Maureen.

David Farman
June 18, 2018 @ 10:49 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

The General store that I remember was opposite Vines the hairdresser, Ron Goods paper shop was further up Scotgate towards Gurneys bakers at that time and then Ron Good moved down to the other side of the cross roads when they opened up the junction.