TRUSTEE SAVINGS BANK

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: TRUSTEE SAVINGS BANK
Topic Originator: MAGGIE J BRANNIGAN
Post Date May 27, 2018 @ 3:39 PM
 TRUSTEE SAVINGS BANK
 RE: TRUSTEE SAVINGS BANK

MAGGIE J BRANNIGAN
May 27, 2018 @ 3:39 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Does anyone remember the Trustee Savings Bank that used to be in Ironmonger Street?

Roger Partridge
June 15, 2018 @ 8:11 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yes had an account there in the 1960s

Phil
June 18, 2018 @ 9:33 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I still have the red saveings box with the trustee saving on the side which my Father would use to save for our holidays in Mablethorpe in the 40s .

Mike Laughton
June 19, 2018 @ 8:47 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yes, Stamford TSB has only been closed a few years. It closed after the TSB merged with Lloyds Bank.
Not particularly historic!

Richard Rollings
June 21, 2018 @ 11:57 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yes, We used to live next door to it above Hardinghams. In fact we lived on both sides as mum and dad moved Hardinghams from number 12 to number 10 around 1980 ish

Betty Haddon
June 24, 2018 @ 8:00 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yes, remember it well and when I worked for A.Monk & Co., Civil Engineers they had offices above the bank and opposite above the shops moving to Barn Hill in 1964.

Lynda
June 25, 2018 @ 1:56 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yes remember it well, I had a Trustees Savings Bank moneybox at an very early age, could only be unlocked at the bank, there was no putting a knife in the opening to get money out as there were 'teeth' to stop that.  My mum would take to the bank when full, mostly sixpences, and the money would be registered in the Trustees red bank books.  No computers all done in handwriting.  No security guards over the counter either.

Catherine doubleday ne hardingham
June 25, 2018 @ 8:59 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yes I remember the trustee savings bank, it was next to ou old shop Hardingham sports. In fact my first husband worked in the bank. Also graham sorfleet worked in there for a long time.