hot water bottle

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: hot water bottle
Topic Originator: joan
Post Date August 17, 2005 @ 4:49 PM
 hot water bottle
 RE: hot water bottle

joan
August 17, 2005 @ 4:49 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

When I was about 8 I was standing with  my school friend  outside Flanders shop in Scotgate and we thought what is this on the floor?  It was a paper bag with something inside.  We looked inside and found a brand new hotwater bottle.  Oh, someone must have dropped it.  We were only round the corner from the police station so we took it there.  Later on we heard a lady in Casterton Road had claimed it and wanted to see us to thank us.  We called round and she gave us 6d for being good enough to hand it in.

James Kudlinski
November 2, 2005 @ 12:35 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

You were luckier than I was Joan. As a small boy I found a toy gun in the meadows one day. It had a revolving barrel and was a little boy's dream but being honest I took it to the police station to be told that if I came back in a few weeks and no one claimed it, the gun would be mine. I duly went back and was delighted that the gun had not been claimed but my delight turned into disappointment when being handed the gun all the mechanism had been broken. I presume that whilst it was in lost property the police had been playing with it themselves!
Ed:  Shame!

James