Brazenose Lane Stamford (EXTON and CHAMBERS families)

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Brazenose Lane Stamford (EXTON and CHAMBERS families)
Topic Originator: Elaine Exton
Post Date September 5, 2005 @ 1:54 PM
 Brazenose Lane Stamford (EXTON and CHAMBERS families)
 CHAMBERS family

Elaine Exton
September 5, 2005 @ 1:54 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

My greatgreatgrand parents lived here during 1840 to 1850, I have found out the reason for the name of the lane, but would love to know anything about what it was like when my family lived there, just after they were married, bringing up all their young offspring, I know they moved from Rutland to set up home in Stamford,and my greatgreat grandad was a taylor of some sort, oh to have a time travel machine, can anyone give me any of the history around that time,  thank you so much, by the way their names were, EXTON and CHAMBERS,just in case anyone is chasing the same family.
Ed:  Thankyou for that Elaine - Can anyone help Elaine with the history of Brazenose Lane (near Stamford School) - if so please post a message to Stamford Memories Gateway.

Richard Standley
April 30, 2009 @ 7:20 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Re the name Chambers? I believe my Great great grandmother was a Chambers born in Stamford in 1826 Jane Chambers and her father was John Chambers born in 1802 and was from Greatford married January 1827 to Suzannah and their name decends I believe through the  Oldham line. I'm not sure if all my facts are correct but I think so?