CUPIDS/1 ARCHIVE only - post to page 2 now

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: CUPIDS/1 ARCHIVE only - post to page 2 now
Topic Originator: Nigel Cross
Post Date February 28, 2007 @ 5:45 PM
 CUPIDS/1 ARCHIVE only - post to page 2 now
 RE: Cupids Inspiration
  Cupids Inspiration
  Cupids get together:please
 CUPIDS - Hi Terry
 CUPIDS PARTY PEOPLE
 CUPIDS - NIGEL WE LOVE YOU!
 CUPIDS/School with Terry
 CUPIDS 'MY WORLD' AGAIN
 YESTERDAY HAS GONE but not forgotten
 CUPID'S TERRY - we love him!
 Thanks to Iain
 CUPIDS:Wrapped in brown paper
 CUPIDS: Wikipedia
 CUPIDS LP wanted
 CUPIDS: still have it somewhere
 CUPIDS on Ebay
 CENTRAL PRESS opp London Inn
 TERRY speaks - CUPIDS Groupies
 CUPID'S goosebumps: direct me to Stamford
 CUPIDS groupies Terry speaks!
 CUPIDS latest (BBC Sessions)
 CUPIDS back/helped by us!
 CUPIDS/Does Andy DANCER ring a bell?
 CUPIDS/ mssge re Andy Dancer
 CUPIDS/mssge for Terry
 CUPIDS/Terry speaks
 CUPIDS/mssge to Terry
 CUPID'S/Jimmy Laughton
 RE: Cupids Inspiration/PHOTOS ADDED
 Cupids/mssge for Terry & Richard
 Cupids/mssge for Betty
 CUPIDS/Eric Bradshaw
 CUPIDS/mssge for Terry
 CUPIDS/Terry to Rik
 CUPIDS/LOOSE ENDS
 CUPIDS/Terry to Phil
 CUPIDS/can you spot Terry?
 CUPIDS/mssge from JOY
 Cupids/Tony Crombie
 RE: CUPIDS INSPIRATION/PAGE 1
 CUPIDS PAGE 1/DO NOT POST HERE POST PAGE 2
 Re-Releasing Cupid's Inspiration
 Trying to reach Terry about re-releasing albums
 Cupids

Nigel Cross
February 28, 2007 @ 5:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Cupid's Inspiration Album Cover (1)

by kind permission of Terry Rice-Milton

Double click on the photo.  Then click on the + sign top right.  Then click on " View All Sizes" to get largest image.

Anybody remember this Stamford band from the sixties. They went to no 3 in the charts with 'Yesterday has Gone' in the Summer of '68. I believe the lead singer was Terry Rice Milton or Terry Bull to his mates, and i think he or some of the band worked at Palmers in town as electricians.
Kate:  Thanks for that Nigel.  We had a posting on the site from someone who worked at Palmers in the 60s.  I will have a look through and see if I can trace it.  Anyone else remember Cupid's Inspiration?

David
March 2, 2007 @ 9:16 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Cupid's Inspiration Album Cover (4)
by kind permission of Terry Rice-Milton

CUPIDS INSPIRATION
     Wow! The name Terry Bull brings back a load of memories, albeit somewhat fragmented with the passage of time.
     I first became acquainted with Terry and some of his friends about 1960.I believe they were at Stamford school at this time. (Clean cut youths). Terry was very keen on starting up a rock band. I could see that he liked to sing; he also had a small drum set if I remember rightly. I was a guitar player of sorts and for a while used to jam at his or one of his friends houses. After a short time my association with them faded.
     By about 1962 Terry did have his band. I recall their equipment was hauled around in an old Bedford van (the kind with sliding doors). The name of the band is a bit vague now but I think it was "The Blue Tones" then switched to "The Blue Notes" a bit later. The lead guitar at the time had his original way of playing, certainly bluesy. If I remember rightly there were four members in the group. Terry (singer), lead guitar, rythm guitar and drummer. No bass! (The "Palmers" day job connection is valid at least for one or more of the members).
     Some of the equipment they were using was fairly basic, but that was normal for bands starting out.
I recall the lead guitar was a custom item, light green in colour, accoustic cutaway with two D'Armond black pickups fitted. A Watkins "Copy Cat" continuous tape loop echo chamber was used. The rhythm guitar was a thin body semi-acoustic model by "Kay". That's all I recall.
     One of the bands regular venues was the "London Inn" where they were always well received as being one of Stamford's own. Two tunes they played regularly were:"Money" The best things in life are free etc etc. Also "Love Potion Number Nine". The band played in quite an original manner but generally bands were expected to follow a more clone like way of performing this may have been a bit of an impediment at first. I saw the band performing in Bourne, Ryhall and at "Mr. Green's" dance club that was located at the meeting of Wharf and St Mary's streets. This incidentally was a very popular place to go dancing and was something new to Stamford.Mr Green brought in well-known bands to perform. Terry and his band were the support group for "Lulu and the Luvers"on a one night stand.
     One day the lead guitarist quit and left the band struggling. One night in the "London" they tried to get me on stage to do some backup but I was too shy, they even brought a guitar stretching its cord to the limit over to where I was seated to try and persuade me to play. A day or two later I was interviewed by Terry and the rhythm player with regards to joining the group. I remember Terry saying it was a great opportunity for me as he intended to go far. Coincidently the same week I received a job offer from Marconi near London so I was torn between the two. I decided to go with the Marconi offer. I recall Terry saying that I was making the big mistake! Ah well.
     That was the last contact I had with these fellows as I quit Stamford for good a few days later.
     I did hear rumours that the group had done the "Hamburg Germany" tour as was customary in those days for emerging groups.
     I was interested in reading that Terry did indeed make it fairly big with a top ten hit. I read on various internet sites that his song is considered a classic and still sought after by collectors found a picture of the record cover and was able to recognize Terry but I do not think the others were any of the original Stamford chaps. From what I read Terry Rice Milton left the group Cupids Desire in 1970 but the group itself continued until not too long ago. Wonder what happened to Terry Bull?
Kate:  I found that fascinating David.  What a difficult decision you had to make.  I'm glad you have found a link into your past through Stamford Memories Gateway.  I am sure other people will post to this topic and we will hear more. I checked out the ratings for their songs and found 2.  My World which went in the charts on 5/10/68 at 33 Av. Position 40 (8 weeks) and Yesterday Has Gone 22./06/68 No. 4 Av. 20 11 weeks.

Terry Rice-Milton
August 15, 2007 @ 1:12 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I'm thinking that the David in question is Dave Leishman who lived at Ryhall just outside of Stamford and my recollection is that he did actually perform a few 'gigs' with us. Often wondered what happened to him. Please correct me if the above is wrong. Or was it Dave Tyler who went off to join the R.A.F?
I was at Allis-Chalmers in those early days. Not sure about the 'go far' quote being attributed to me though, I was always very shy and hid behind a giant Reslo microphone on a stand that was only marginally skinnier than me.
Would love to hear what David got up to after leaving Stamford.
By the way it was The Blue Sounds! Then The Loose Ends,then The Ends,The Age Of Consent, Age with T.Rice-Milton (NOT an O.A.P treatment....or was it?)
Just about all the other details are correct.
I would love to clear up the which David mystery.
Kate:Well, hello Terry!  So glad you saw the posting re Cupids Inspiration.  I was chatting in Stamford Museum last week and the girl in there was saying "oh yes, I remember Cupids Inspiration" - so you still have a following!  I am sure you have lots of memories relating to Stamford that you might be persuaded to send to the forum for others to enjoy?  I will email David to tell him that you have posted the above and hopefully he will send one back.  I do so like it when we get a connection like this.  Thanks again. K

pat lynch
November 25, 2007 @ 7:27 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

yes  I remember  them well  I bought the  two  singles  and  an  album  I was  looking  through  some  old  stuff  and  found  them    and  then  started looking in  the  internet   to  see what  I  could find.   I thought  his name  was  david  not  terry   but  I got  the  rice-milton  o.k

syd
December 1, 2007 @ 10:21 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Just caught your mail from Terry Bull 'as was', if anyone who has heard of Cupids Inspiration and their music, get on to YouTube and see Terry, Jim Laughton etc and appreciate what a good band with a good singer is really about. I haven't seen Terry for a few years now, but last time I saw him he was the same lad I knew around town.
I see he admits to being nervous, believe me, he was almost physically sick and had to be pushed on stage at times, but when he was on, brilliant! I must also give a word about Jim Laughton, good player, super cool on stage, He's still around town.
Anyway YOU TUBE watch them, great.

phil
February 16, 2008 @ 12:01 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

i remember,before they were cupids,they played the drill hall,st peters st.backing a then famous singer called TWINKLE,but she spent most of the night passing out.so the group had a lot of extra work to do on that occasion.one of my favorite songs they performed at that time was under the boardwalk.it always sounded good and was great to jive to..

angela martin
April 7, 2008 @ 12:18 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Would love to hear from terry rice milton. I knew him back in the 60sand remained in contact after my marriage to martin harvell.then lost touch. Am currently living in Dubai

Terry Rice-Milton
May 7, 2008 @ 3:18 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

It is terrific to have so many pleasant things said about Cupid's and myself. Reading them helps bring it all back. They were great times spent around some wonderful people, musicians and audiences alike. Please say a great big Hello to them all, there should be at least 5 out there, somewhere.
Please tell Angela Martin to get in touch we would to love hear from her. They helped me celebrate the arrival of our son, Julian.
Kate: Thanks for that Terry.  I am sending your email address to Angela Martin and alerting her to your reply - hopefully she will be getting in touch.

phil
May 8, 2008 @ 9:04 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry,
i would love to get an e.mail from you.its probably 25 years since we last spoke.still live in Putney in the same house,not far from Campion road.we are all well and hope that you Anna and the family are fine.Kate,would you be able to send this message and my e.mail to Terry. I would appreciate it very much.thanks Phil.

chris
May 8, 2008 @ 9:51 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

What involvement if any did martin harvell have?

Neil
May 24, 2008 @ 10:49 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Wow - does this bring back memories! I saw The Ends play at a "Beat Group" contest in Langham (near Oakham) in summer 1965. They won the contest, and graciously shared the prize with a band called the Tollgates, who were runners up. I remember that each band had to play a ballad, a beat number and an instrumental. The instrumental they did was "Lullaby in Birdland". I wonder if Terry can recall what the other 2 numbers were? The drummer (was it Roger Peck?) had a bass drum with a hole ripped in the front, patched up with sticky tape - very impressive! I think lead guitar (Wyndham George?) was playing a Kay Jazz (also used by Eric Clapton)? The Pythons were also on the bill (from Glaston). Their instrumental was "The Rise and Fall of Flingle Bunt". I was at school with Jimmy Gray, the brother of Roger Gray, the later drummer when The Ends became Cupids Inspiration. They were a great band - I always remember their spot on the Simon Dee show when the mike went dead in the first chorus - I bet Terry enjoyed that!
Kate:  more memories  needed of Cupids Inspiration! Thanks Neil.

Kate
May 26, 2008 @ 12:11 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I hadn't been fortunate enough to ever see Cupids Inspiration so I googled and got a clip on the following link

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2006-29,RNWE:en&q=cupids+inspiration

Cut and paste this into your address box and you too can watch Cupids Inspiration!  Who is the singer?  Is that Terry?  He's very good, and very handsome!  How did I miss out?
Kate

Lyn Forbes (was Wallace)
June 9, 2008 @ 9:40 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Well all this certainly brings back memories.  My friend (Annette) and I met Terry and Jim at Grantham College (when they were the Blue Sounds) and we had a few dates.  They used to collect us from Colsterworth in their van, previously mentioned, if I remember correctly Ladies on one door and Gents on the other, and footprints in paint across the top.  I remember my father demanding that we left immediately so the neighbours wouldn't see it!!

Anyway my street cred has increased with my grandchildren, I've told them for years I was a groupy and now they have seen the clip of Terry singing 'Yesterday has Gone' they really believe it.  However, they are not impressed that I was around when black and white was on the go!

By the time the Blue Sounds became Cupids Inspiration I was married and living in Glasgow.  Having spotted them (I think including Jim) on Top of the Pops I wrote to Terry, and got a reply saying they were coming to Glasgow, but for various reasons we didn't manage to meet up.  

It's really strange because I mentioned Terry and the song to someone recently, who went on line and came back to me saying what an outstanding voice he had. I hope he is still using that incredible voice and is still the nice guy I knew.

Bye for now Lyn

carol burson
June 30, 2008 @ 8:00 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

You were one of my favourite groups in my early teens, an honour indeed as I was really into underground! To me you were the intelligent side of british pop music of the day. I lost your album many years ago, but I am going to get it again on CD. Only 5? From the viewings of Yesterday has Gone on Youtube, theres many more than 5 people out there who remember you with fondness, rock on!

Clem Walden
July 7, 2008 @ 9:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi-Terry, last time I saw you was at Burghley Golf Club with your sister are you still sorting out cruises? Its a long time ago when I would walk past your back yard in my "Teddy Boy Gear" (the good old black path) and see yourself/brother & sister.  nice to read all the old memories of Cupids Insperation, wonder if you remember the old skiffle groups in the town before rock & roll started? in 1954 everthing changed, Bill Hayley, Elvis, Little Richard,Jerry Lee Lewis, that was my wild years, the London Inn, The Green Man, & the old Drill Hall would be full of all the locals. great days, hope you & family are all OK take care hope to see you in Town sometime.

Terry Rice-Milton
July 23, 2008 @ 12:55 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Dear Kate,
I am sitting at the desk in tears! I have just read the recent comments about Jim, Cupid's and myself. (I have not visited the site for a while and I was blown away). The pleasure they bring is up there with the 'buzz' we got from being on stage and performing.and that is some 'buzz', believe me.
L-O-V-E,
Terry Rice-Milton.
Kate: Hi Terry.  So nice to get a "virtual" pat on the head!  You are a very popular guy and your music has such a lasting quality.  Can't think why you didn't become "big time"
X  (the first one I have awarded on the site!)

Dave Leishman
July 23, 2008 @ 2:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Congratulations! T Rice Milton and Cupids Inspiration. You are, as of today, right up in the Hit Parade again after all these years. In fact you are number one with Local Characters coming in at number two.
  Thanks must go to Nigel Cross for creating this topic. Little did he know the interest he would generate and all those "Blast From The Past" memories that would be rekindled. Funny that we did not hear from him again.
Regards.
Dave Leishman.Kate:  well spotted Dave.  Yes, there is great interest and where has Nigel Cross got to?

andy quinn
July 24, 2008 @ 6:28 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry,
Yesterday is being played loads on Smooth Fm currently..hope your seeing some royalties. I was 10 when your song was a hit and it has been a landmark song and performance for me ever since...your voice is truly stunning..very much your own sound, but of which Levi Stubbs and Scott Walker would have been proud. I don't know of another performance with the same unashamed drama to it...it has a kind of French dramatic torch feel which is so special,and which i have pursued with my own work since.
Respect to you and I hope music is still part of your life.
Andy Quinn

tor johansen,norway
August 13, 2008 @ 8:15 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I have been listening to my cassette tapes from
august 1968 and there is this song "yesterday has just departed and to morrow .........
...all that really matters is right now...I never knew who the artist
was until I goggled on the net yesterday and found that CUPIDS
INSPIRATION is the name of this great group.Now I have searched
on my internet record shops ,but the name Cupids Inspiration never
comes up,Has there been a cd issued ?? Can anyone tell me where I can buy this cd
Kate:  Can anyone help Tor as to where he can buy this CD?  I think Cupids are in for a revival! I have emailed Terry and hope he replies to your posting.

syd
August 14, 2008 @ 6:24 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate
Tell Tor to go onto YouTube. there are several vid's of Cupids, but tell him to get the earlier ones with T Rice Milton(Terry Bull) brilliant voice. Not forgetting Jim Laughton.
Kate: Thanks Syd.  Hope Tor will pickup your message - if he returns to the website.  I saw the YOUTube vid and agree it was sogood.
Haven't managed to find Nigel - hope he will also return soon.

Terry Rice-Milton
August 19, 2008 @ 1:35 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Clem,
Thanks for reminding me of the good old, bad old days!
My time was more the 60s, although I do recall the Teddy Boy era,( we talked about it when I saw you at my sister's anniversary 'do' at the Golf club). I was still in short pants! Actually, they were probably our Trevor's 'Long' trousers. Yeah, I got the 'hand me downs' even though I was growing faster than him! He stopped at just under 6ft I careered on to about 6ft2in. That's where the inferiority complex came from, walking in his shadow. Only joking, I think.
In the 60s, when we  were 'strutting our stuff' musically ( I use the term loosely) it was more your 'mods' and 'rockers'.
I borrowed Trevor's Parka when I wasn't out in a borrowed leather 'biker' jacket ,depending on which 'sect' I was out to impress on the day.  Great times!!

Terry Rice-Milton
August 19, 2008 @ 3:04 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Andy

Once again I have been 'blown away'!
Your appreciation of what we put into a performance pleases me no end.The song is so good that it demanded and brought more out of us as performers. Hence the old saying - You are only as good as the song you are singing! (We never wrote any to come near Yesterday Has Gone).
Wish we'd had a couple more like it! MInd you, the follow ups -'My World' and 'The Sad Thing' came very close.
I had a feeling that I have been in the company of Andy Quinn, your name 'rang a bell'. Please get in touch.

Geoff Espin
August 25, 2008 @ 3:33 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry - Just browsing and came up with this site.  Nice to hear you're still Ok.  I am still in touch with Jim but don't hear anything of you.  This site sure stirred up some memories for me of the band and Stamford.  Comes with age, don't it?
Be pleased to hear from you if you want to get in touch.  Otherwise, take care.  Geoff

Clem Walden
September 11, 2008 @ 2:34 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry, thought I would tell you saw Jim walking his dog down the meadows, I asked him about all the "royalties" you guy's should be getting? we had a great chat about the old day's, as you may know Jim worked for me when we had the electrical contracting business, have to say I remember watching "Top of the Pops" on the TV when your guy's performed, I was about to get married at the time, you may remember my best man "Chas Rawlings" I think he lived next door to you at one time? I know Dennis Moor lived close with Mrs Everard, long time ago & my memory is not what it used to be, anyway Terry it's great to see all the credits you are receiving, take care & sent Jim his share of the "royalties?

Terry Rice-Milton
October 9, 2008 @ 4:56 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

It's me again, Clem I spoke to Jim today. Phil I will be in touch soon and Geof Espin - Here's wishing you well!
I'm thinking that sometime soon a Big Get Together might well be on the cards. What do you all think?
Kate - am I allowed to do this on the Forum?
Love to all!!!!!

Terry.
Kate:  Yes Terry, delighted for you to arrange this via the website/forum.

Clem Walden
October 17, 2008 @ 2:35 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry, get together? sounds a great idea, we have a great venue in Stamford "Corn Exchange" the old "Dodies" as you will remember, bring it on man! blast from the past would be good, take care Clem.

Janet Matthews nee Cleveland
November 25, 2008 @ 10:42 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Cupids Inspiration- anyone know how the name came about? I still have the 2 singles in my old record collection. Yesterday has Gone and My World. They were released on NEMS record label and produced by Jimmy Duncan. B sides were Dream and Everything is meant to be. and still in their original sleeves. Thats 40 years ago!

Terry Rice-Milton
December 18, 2008 @ 3:14 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Janet,

The name came from Jimmy Duncan the boys accept no responsibility whatsoever! It was all to do with the 'smaltzy' lu-r-v-e theme. Well that is my storyand I shall be sticking to it.
Wiv Luv.

Terry

Deborah Beal
January 7, 2009 @ 1:12 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry, - Have just heard "Yesterday has Gone" (how true!) on Radio 2 and it brings back such memories. I don't know if you may remember me but I lived in Langham and first met "The Ends" when the band played in that "Beat Concert" and won. It was the one and only night that the village came to life!!  Geoff and I kept in touch for a few years and when you played locally in Oakham, Luffenham etc. (Do you recall playing at Manton village hall one night!!? What a dump) I used to come over to meet up at the dances.

Last time I saw the band you were at Melton along with the Four Pennies.

I'm glad you are ok. Do you happen to know how Geoff is? If you're in touch with him - just say hello from me please.

Love Deborah

Terry Rice-Milton
January 13, 2009 @ 11:50 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Deborah,
Yes I do remember you, very well. We enjoyed some great times around Langham, including the 'Beat Contest' which was held at the home of Ruddles Ales. I had to sing bending forwards, because even though the room had a low ceiling we actually performed on a stage. Great times, fabulous memories - thanks for the reminder.
Geof would seem to be ok, he is living in France, comes over here to work occasionally. Jim has been in touch because Cupid's are coming out on a compilation album of 'live' sessions soon and he had to consent to it. More soon.

Wiv luv.

Terry.

Terry Rice-Milton
January 19, 2009 @ 1:27 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Deborah,
Yes I do remember you, very well. We enjoyed some great times around Langham, including the 'Beat Contest' which was held at the home of Ruddles Ales. I had to sing bending forwards, because even though the room had a low ceiling we actually performed on a stage. Great times, fabulous memories - thanks for the reminder.
Geof would seem to be ok, he is living in France, comes over here to work occasionally. Jim has been in touch because Cupid's are coming out on a compilation album of 'live' sessions soon and he had to consent to it. More soon.

Wiv luv.

Terry.

syd
January 20, 2009 @ 10:33 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry
don't forget, 'yesterday has gone' yesterdays groupies are todays grandmas.....
push the rest for that get together

Deborah Beal
January 29, 2009 @ 1:06 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry, Thank you,  lovely to hear from you I'm pleased you are all ok. Maybe you could pass on my details to Geoff sometime. Look forward to hearing the latest on " Cupids"

Love Deb

Clem Walden
February 9, 2009 @ 8:08 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry, great to see all those old fans, or should I say young fans, its me thats the old guy, think you should sort out the  "get together"  looks like you would fill the Corn Exchange in Stamford, if you do sort it out let me know. I may be able to help in several ways, take care & make sure Jim gets his roylalties?
Kate:  Thanks Clem - Cupid's fans  all like your messages!

Nigel Cross
February 15, 2009 @ 2:50 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

WOW, what can I say. My original posting was just to see if anyone remembered 'Cupids' from all those years ago.  The interest this has generated is phenomenal, over 2020 views and 33 replies. i am so pleased that this has stirred the memories of people, and even Terry the main man, has replied on one or more occasion. Once again I am so pleased that this thread has gained the interest it has.

Regards Nigel

Kate:  Well, you must have heard me mention your name yesterday Nigel!  Wondering where you had got to -  the initiator of THE THREAD.
You are dear to many people's hearts - not least mine.  Thanks so much on behalf of so many.
Terry has posted 9 times - for which my thanks for that on behalf of Cupid fans.

chris jarvis
February 17, 2009 @ 8:47 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi All
Amazed to find this All our Yesterdays site! At school with Terry and played guitar in early 60s in a  Stamford School band with Pete Liddle (went to Cambridge Uni and ended up with the Boston Crabs) Graham Robinson and late John Cockin (went to Royal Academy) Self to Med School. Seem to remember working in vacations with their drummer ( ? Something Peck ) in Woolworths and Jim Laughton (?) was the guy we all looked up to for playing competence. There's a nice EP cover ( Singapore only ?) showing the band posed outside restaurant opposite the London Inn - name escapes me. Could post it. Chris Jarvis
Kate:  Hi Chris.  Join the fans!  Write some more detail of this if you have time - as not knowing the group at the time I need a bit more explanation.  Others more closely involved will probably find it easy to follow the bits you outline for us.  Thanks again.  Keep following the story.  Every bit helps to jog memories.

Nigel Cross
March 21, 2009 @ 5:34 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

'Cupids' on Brian Matthews' show this morning on BBC Radio 2, singing, 'My World'.

Kate:  Thanks Nigel.  For those of you wanting to hear this moment of  Terry singing
'My World'  go onto Radio 2's website  and click on LISTEN AGAIN
The section is at 40.10 (Real Player).
This  was requested by Dave Albion of Solihull, who says he never owned a copy and has been unable to find one anywhere.
Brian Matthew tells him that he will receive a copy on a sounds of the sixties compilation.

Iain
March 28, 2009 @ 4:22 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Just came across this forum after Googling Terry's name!  

My only connection with Stamford is that my stepson lived there for a couple of years when he was at the nearby airbase(he is in the RAF) and my wife and I visited him for a few days.

However one of my favourite records from 1968, the year I left school, was "Yesterday Has Gone".  I tried to get hold of the original track on CD for ages as the only one I had was one of these re-recorded versions on a budget CD.  Eventually I got hold of a Russian release on CD of the "Yesterday Has Gone" album from the music site GEMM. It contains 18 tracks released between 1968 and 1970 for the CBS and Bell labels and has some decent sleeve notes too. Although there were only ever two hits there are some really good tracks such as "Brown Eyed Woman" "Blue Zero" "Dream" "Everything is Meant to be" and "The Sad Thing"

Every time I listen to Dale Winton's Pick of the Pops I hear the instrumental excerpt from "My World" which Dale plays between tracks.
I think Terry has a fantastic voice and it reminds me a bit of Gary Puckett though much stronger.

Terry Rice-Milton
March 30, 2009 @ 1:48 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

It is good to know that Nigel is keeping an eye on his 'baby', to see that it does not get out of hand, or what? - He has created a 'Monster'!   I think that he really started something good but then I would say that wouldn't I?  Thank you Nigel.
As for Mr. Jarvis - We have 'bumped' in to each other over the years, early on when he was doing his 'Med' training and more recently at School Reunions and of course I remember all the lads he speaks of. By the way, that would be Tony Peck, the Drummer. Jim and I went to His 50th, about 10 years back, he was playing with a 'C and W' band at the time.
Good 'ole Brian Mathew he and David from Solihull show impeccable taste!
I'd better go now, I may have said too much already.
Wiv luv,
Terry.

Terry Rice-Milton
April 1, 2009 @ 2:53 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Sorry, I do not mean to monopolise but I completely forgot to thank Iain for all of those lovely things he said. Good to think Cupid's might have helped to melt the ice a bit during the Cold War with the Russians! - Who am I kidding? - Only myself, I guess. - Iain's copy would have been a more recent issue, from round about the mid-90s.
Anyway, thanks again.

Terry.

Iain
April 2, 2009 @ 10:58 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I've just checked my Russian cd, it shows the dates 1969 and 2000 and was issued on Projector Music Series. The cd cover is the same photo as on the original album with a Projector logo printed on top and the last 6 tracks are described as bonus tracks.  The sleeve notes and track titles are all in English and there is a little Russian writing in the smaller print.  I remember when it came in the post it was wrapped in brown paper and tied with string!
Great to hear from you Terry!

Mike
April 3, 2009 @ 7:36 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello Terry,

Would be great if you could put some life into the wikipedia entry for Cupid,

I rediscovered your songs, as you've probably seen on youtube, great appreciation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw6-oafWvbI

Just wondering what happened after the success with inspiration

Thanks again

Al Tutt
April 14, 2009 @ 10:45 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

April 10, 2009 @ 2:22 PM Edit  |  Delete

I wondered if anyone out there had a copy of the LP they might wish to part with for a reasonable price?
After giving it a listen I will prob give it to the Museum for posterity!

Alan

dorothy
April 25, 2009 @ 6:14 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry i used to deliver evening papers for Mrs Johnson (can't remember the printing press name) it was opposite the London Inn.  When your record came out i bought one and true to (my) form it was faulty and couldn't be taken back, i still have it somewhere ---any chance of a refund?

nigel Cross
May 2, 2009 @ 4:29 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

There is an LP on Ebay at the moment priced at £4.50, only 2 days to go. Dare i say, heard 'Cupids' on Radio 2  yesterday, just before ten on Ken Bruce show. I really must stop this as i am becoming anorak of the week.
Kate:Quite the nicest sort of anorak, we are The Cupids Anorak Groupies.

Daphne
May 2, 2009 @ 8:31 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi,
i remember the printing business opposite the London Inn.  It was called The Central Press.  I used to collect my Dad's printing there/  Mrs Johnson always had a cigarette in her mouth!4

Terry Rice-Milton
May 12, 2009 @ 11:04 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Mike - After Inspiration it was the 'slippery slope', you know - Drink, Drugs, Rehab-More Drink more Drugs... Actually, the Stamford area Cupids returned to fairly normal lives but some people from Leamington Spa area made a living out of the name right up until about 2003.
   If Al Tutt were to get in touch I could arrange for a Vinyl copy of the LP and  would be happy for him to pass it on to the Museum if he thought they would appreciate it.
   Dorothy Please send me your address and I will organise a CD copy of the singles and the LP for you.
   Just a quick hello to Nigel and any Cupid's Anorak Groupies - without you I would not be indulging myself right now!
   Daphne I remember the Central Printing Press - they printed the 'Pink-Un'  the sports paper,at the weekends. Is it still there?

Sorry it took so long to answer.

Wiv Luv,
Terry.

Kate:  Hi Terry - we are always here for you, we don't mind waiting.
Those  Cupids Anorak Groupies referred to above, i.e.
Al and Dorothy, if you post your addresses on the normal posting I will send them to Terry but they will not be published in the text available on the website.
Thanks for that Terry - keeps us all happy just to hear you once more.
Iconic or what?

Chris Cantrelle
June 7, 2009 @ 12:47 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi there,
So pleased to find all this information about Cupid's Inspiration, and to find lead singer Terry on here too.
I heard Yesterday has Gone on Radio 2 last week.  It was one of my favourite records and I remember buying the single and playing it over and over and over! Wish I'd kept some of my 45s now.
The record that Brian Mathew played wasn't actually by Cupid's Inspiration, he said he'd played that a couple of weeks ago.  I can't remember who he said it was, but it wasn't a patch on the Cupid's version.
Don't know how I managed to miss seeing them live - I lived in Worthing in 1968 and saw loads of groups.  Yes I know Worthing is known as Costa del Geriatric, but almost every 60s group played there at the Assembly Hall or the Pier.  Wonder if they did?  
I'm really sorry I missed them having just found the YouTube video!  What a brilliant voice Terry has - I had forgotten how good he was.  Not to mention the looks... I was 15 at the time - too young to be a groupie, but I'd have been right there at the front.  Now I'm too old!  Anyway....  I uploaded the video to my Facebook page, always good to share isn't it.
The postings on here are really fascinating - it's amazing to see what one little question can generate!  Hope I can join the conversation even though I'm a relative outsider.
The song still gives me goosebumps - and if there's any get together I'm sure loads of fans would turn up.  Can someone direct me to Stamford?
All the best,
Chris
Kate: Great posting Chris - sure Terry will wallow in adoration!  You are welcome on forum anytime.  Thanks for your input.

John Robert Brown
June 15, 2009 @ 5:38 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

In my younger days I was a pro saxophonist. In the 1960s, when with the Come Dancing band of Andy Ross, I got to know a John Cockin, budding musician, string player, who lived in Oundle Vicarage. I was dating his sister, Claire. John once came to hear me play in Birmingham, circa 1967/8, just before he went to London to study music.
I was sorry to have lost contact. Can this be the same John Cockin? A shock to read that he has died. Can anyone tell me more, please?

Terry Rice-Milton
July 22, 2009 @ 11:52 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Have just 'tuned in' for the first time in a while and I thought that I would answer Chris's query about the original version of 'Yesterday Has Gone'.
We heard it as an LP track by 'Little Anthony And The Imperials'. It was more laid back than Cupids' version, because they were 'duh wop'( hope I got that right) based.
I met a couple of them at a 'gig' in a Swiss Cottage Hotel and when I was introduced one of them said- "So you're the lucky b.....d who had the hit with our track!" I think I ended up paying for the drinks that night.
By the way, for anyone interested their is a 'Shapes & Sounds' Compilation LP with 4 of our live BBC sessions on it.  Some GURReat stuff by others 60s/70s. bands including- The Late Dave Dee and the boys, The Pretty Things, The End, Skip Bifferty and more !!!   Just Goto TOP SOUNDS RECORDS LTD.. Or just tell me - Vynil or CD.
Sorry Kate - I could not stop myself!!!
Wiv Luv,
Terry.

Nigel Lees
November 3, 2009 @ 7:08 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi folks, great that this forum exists - in fact thats how I found Terry after years of searching! Thanks to that contact and subsequent chats with other members, I have been able to release 4 tracks that Cupids recorded for BBC radio in 1968 on a compilation CD and LP  called 'SHAPES AND SOUNDS VOLUME THREE, which features the band doing 'Dream', 'It Was Easier To Hurt Her', 'As Long As I Have You' and 'I Got A Mind To Give Up Living'. Its great stuff in perfect quality and as 3 of these songs never appeared on Cupids records at the time, its like listening to new tracks! Its available on Amazon or check out www.topsoundsrecords.co.uk , and also features other 60s faves such as the Pretty Things and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.
Cheers!
Nigel
Kate:  Thanks Nigel.  Cupids groupies will be so pleased to hear the news.

Terry Rice-Milton
December 2, 2009 @ 12:13 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello again.
I had to write to tell you what a time I am having!
So many people have been in touch thanks to Nigel Cross, Kate and this newfangled 'interweb' thingy! - Love the comments on Cupids'
'youtube' site.
Have been back doing live 'Cameo' Performances at venues in Herts. and Bucks. Cupids are on the front of The Beat magazine with a full-page feature inside(November issue). There's the compilation LP. I've a live interview with DJ, Roger Day of BBC South next Monday and on top of all that I have been writing and singing together with some old friends with the idea of producing an 'Album' together, 4 songs done already! Does it get any better than that? I know it's all about me,me,me but I just want let you know and to thank you!!!
wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.
P.S. Season's Greetings to one and all.
p.p.s. I was really sad to hear of the 'passing' of our friend Geof Espin.

Kate: Hi Terry so glad you are having your come-back success.  Also glad that my site www.stamfordtown.com was instrumental in getting you all that attention. Would be so pleased if you could mention me and the site when possible = help to get me more hits and increase the postings.  In the New Year I am hoping to get a new computer and then add a gallery of photos to the site, so should be space for some of Cupids.    I too was upset to see the news about Geoff Espin as I remember him as a freshfaced lad starting his first job after leaving school.  Keep posting your news we are all hanging on your every sound beat. x

amy
December 13, 2009 @ 1:43 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

hi my dad told me all about cupids inspiration and think he may of played with you at some point? his name is andy dancer... please get back to me as he loved the good ol days

Hi Amy.  Welcome to the Forum. Kate

Terry Rice-Milton
December 18, 2009 @ 11:05 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Amy,
Here was I thinking how good my memory is and then you mention your Dad, Andy Dancer. Was he involved after my time with Cupid's? I finished in 1971/2. There were one or two personnel changes after that and then it seems that a completely different set of lads from Leamington Spa came in and made a living as Cupid's Inspiration until the early years of this century-sounds like a history lesson now doesn't it? Please give us more info about Dad, to jog my memory.
Should anyone be interested in seeing a live, well almost (a)live 2009 Cupid performance go to youtube for 'New Amen Corner and Cupid's Inspiration at Amersham Rock and Roll Club'-it shook a few 'cobwebs'off I can tell you!! Wivlotsanlotsaluv, Terry.

Joy Prior
March 2, 2010 @ 3:43 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello Terry
I have just found this web page and have been having a delightful time reading all the emails and recognising names from my youth in Stamford!We used to be neighbours and of course I then became one of your greatest fans. I think the last time I saw you was when I came to see you at a gig near Bournemouth where I was in college..The band (before you were famous) also played for a 6th form do we had in the Assembly Rooms I remember. My favourite was always Under the Boardwalk. I still have a signed photo of you all as the Loose Ends I think. Great to hear your news.

Terry Rice-Milton
March 6, 2010 @ 3:36 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Cupid's Inspiration

Cupid's Inspiration (2) Album Cover
By kind permission of Terry Rice-Milton
Double click on photo for larger image

Hello Joy,
I have just 'tuned in' after a bit of a while and what a pleasure to see your message.
Kate, it is just as well that Joy is communicating from a safe distance because when we met at the Bournemouth gig I was so happy to see a familiar face that when I went to hug her I managed to, accidentally, 'gie her a Glasgae Kiss' (nut her) . I felt very bad about it, not as bad as Joy must have felt 'cos it left her with a nasty bump on her head. Would hate to repeat that! But would love to hear more from Joy (nee Reed-Yes?)  - Memories keep flooding back along with the tears sometimes, that's just me though.
Sorry but have not wished Kate and you lovely people - A Happy New Year! Never too late, I hope!
Wivlotsanlotsaluv
Terry.
Hi Terry thanks for that.  Any photos to send me of Cupids?  Love to post one on the site. Kate

Kate
March 20, 2010 @ 7:08 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry
Parcel received.  Thanks very much for the CDs.  I have had a listen to some of the tracks - can't think why you didn't make it big time.
I have had a browse through the booklet - things were not straight-forward and lots of things seemed to conspire against you.
Perhaps you are getting a second chance.  Hope so anyway.  Anyway - its got to be fun, hasn it?

Love from Kate
Keep in touch

betty
April 6, 2010 @ 1:32 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate

It is me again I have sent a photo to be added of Jimmy Laughton an original member of the band Cupids Inspiration.    It is taken up Lambeth Walk with Eric and Colin Bradshaw and Peter Dawson Jimmy is the one second from the left.

Cupid's Inspiration (Young Jimmy 2nd left)

Jimmy Laughton, Eric and Colin Bradshaw, Peter Dawson

Terry Rice-milton
April 7, 2010 @ 3:34 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate,
Glad you received the CDs ok and hope that they play alright.Thanks for your kind comments about Cupid's too.
Have to say it was good to see pic. of 'young Jimmy'. It was before I got to know him, though we both lived in Lancaster Road, which is a few streets away from Lambeth walk. I remember the Bradshaw brothers from School. I think Eric was in the Navy, 'cos he came back to the school in his uniform once when Colin and I were Boxing, not each other, I hasten to add! -He could have floored me with one punch and without really trying!  I have seen Colin at the O.S. Reunions.
Is Betty a Bradshaw too?
Talk about memory Lane. Always nice to hear about people from the 'ole Town.
Incidentally, my sister Barbara bumped into Joy Prior the other week and she said she would be in touch again. (I think she had forgotten about the 'Glasgae Kiss' until I brought it up, 'cos I'm sure she would have called by now if she was going to!)
Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Yes, Terry, Betty is a Bradshaw - and a very helpful one too.  Thanks Betty for the photos - everyone will enjoy seeing them. Kate

Richard Campbell
April 7, 2010 @ 3:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Have just found a track on a CD .......Yesterday has gone....by Cupids Inspiration.

Didn't Eric Bradshaw die in a road accident in about 1968?

Kate: Hi Richard.  Not sure about Eric perhaps if he's Betty's brother she will tell us? Hope this is not too distressing for you Betty.

betty
April 7, 2010 @ 8:16 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi  Yes that is correct Eric did get killed as a young boy in an  accident.  Terry you are thinking of Gerald the older brother who was in the Navy.  Jimmy lived up Lambeth Walk when the photo was taken he was a big friend of Colins.  The sad thing is that I think Peter Dawson died some years ago in Australia.

Terry Rice-Milton
April 10, 2010 @ 4:16 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello Betty,
Sincere apologies for getting the names wrong it is Gerald of course and there is also Peter, I think.
I hope you do not mind me mentioning 'little' Eric again, as I remember fondly that he and his cousin used to come to our 'gigs' on their scooters.
Sadly, I also remember, as Richard noted, what happened to them back in 1966, wasn't it? - Lovely lads - both!
I cannot remember Peter Dawson, was he in the Lambeth Walk 'gang' or from another street?
Kate, would love to hear more from Betty.
wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Richard Campbell
April 11, 2010 @ 9:02 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Fairly certain it was 1967.

He was on the way back from Peterborough Tech....in my class.

He came back that night through the villages...I came back on the A1 or else we would have been riding together.

Richard.
Kate:  Thankyou Richard. Some memories are with us for ever.

betty
April 12, 2010 @ 3:51 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Both very wrong, it was 1966 and he was on his way to Pilsgate.  It happened along the Barnack Road by the entrance to Burleigh Park, I think it is the farm entrance

Roger Partridge
April 16, 2010 @ 5:05 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

If I remember correctly wasn't it foggy and Eric collided with the back of a lorry near Pilsgate.

Roger Partridge
April 18, 2010 @ 5:01 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Sorry I meant near Burghley, not Pilsgate

Rik
April 20, 2010 @ 10:21 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry
Add me to your legion of 'fans'. I remember 'Yesterday's Gone' with great affection as a teenager. Grabbed it on iTunes ages back, then last week Radio 2 played 'My World' which I'd never heard before and was blown away  I thought (wrongly) you guys were 'one hit wonders'. After hearing this I trawled the internet and found a CD via Amazon which I have now ordered - dunno when it'll arrive as it's coming from Germany. Anyway, I then googled your name (which brought me here!) to see what else you have recorded. I see from the thread you refer to a compilation with some live tracks, available from TOP SOUNDS RECORDS LTD which I'd like to grab as well but so far having no luck finding their website. Are you able to forward on the exact link?
Cheers, Rik

Terry Rice-Milton
April 21, 2010 @ 1:49 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Rik,
Thanks for your kind comments re Cupids. The link you require for Shapes and Sounds LP is www.topsoundsrecords.co.uk
If you have no luck there I am pretty sure I can organize a copy for you.
Kate, once again thank you for the 'Connection' that the Forum has given us. It is always great to hear from those lovely people out there!
Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Phil Snowden
April 25, 2010 @ 10:44 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Loose Ends

by kind permission of Phil Snowden

Hi Kate, heres the picture as promised.  From the left: Bob Sharp, Terry, Jim, not sure of the drummers name (think he's from the Deepings).
Regards
Phil Snowden
Kate:  Thanks very much for that Phil.  Refresh me on  the Loose Ends connection when you get a moment.  

Terry Rice-Milton
May 4, 2010 @ 4:12 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate,
Hello Phil, The drummer in the Picture is Tony Peck whose brother Kenny (sadly no longer with us) became Lead Guitarist , they lived in Tallington.
The Loose Ends was one of Cupid's Inspiration's former names. It was The Blue Sounds before that and became The Ends when we went off to Germany then The Age Of Consent, then Age with T.Rice-Milton until we went into the recording studio and did Yesterday Has Gone and we came out as Cupid's Inspiration.
Billie Davis tells me that she had a good time in Stamford recently. Is the local band called SOUNDS FORCE? She mentioned them, I think she may have sung with them.
Would love to hear more from Phil.
Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Kate
May 5, 2010 @ 1:54 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Can you spot Terry in the photo?  Us groupies couldn't miss him!

Radcliffe House Junior Cup Team 1958

by kind permission of T Bull

Joy Prior
May 6, 2010 @ 8:22 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Eric Bradshaw was the epitome of the 'mod' of the 60's. He was a great friend and always getting into trouble for climbing up into our class window at the High School!! I remember everyone being in the Square being in deep mourning on the Saturday morning after he died on the Friday night.Terry, I had forgotten the 'incident' but no problem. Great to see Barbara..she recognised my voice in Stamford market. I have photos too of Cupids and of the Loose Ends and if I can work out how to put it on this site...will do..And Phil Snowden.. I remember him digging up onions from mum's garden to go with his steak late at night. If you ever have a reunion please make sure you put details on this page Kate.
Hi Joy.  So glad you found us.  Please get your photos to me (send by email - don't include the comments - just an email title.) email address  kate@stamfordtown.com
Then   Send the message separately to the forum as you have done with this one.  Hope this is clear for you. You should see me struggling  when I try to load them up! Kate

Clem
May 8, 2010 @ 10:44 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Dear Terry,
              Would have to say in those early days of "Rock & Roll" all groups only knew 3 cords? Myself and all the members of the "Saints Skiffle Group" and other local groups believed we provided the youth of our time with the music they wished to hear. The "Saints" only had but a few fans, unlike Cupids. But can I say myself and many of Stamfords earlier teenagers who were married before "Cupids" hit the scene were so pleased to see a Stamford group make the grade (so to speak) I have a laugh most weeks with all my old mates (old as  we all are now) when we have our regular Friday nights together for a few beers, by reminding them that if the "Saints" had continued we may well have made the grade? Next time you are in Town and see Gerald Bradshaw (Brady) or Mick Carr (Chainy) ask them why I say this? Anyway Terry I wish you all the best and would love to see "Cupids" get together again for a revival in Stamford. As I have said before I am personally willing to help. You must remember the  "Hedge Hoppers" they were great great group RAF lads from Wittering not local boys.  I and many of my mates knew them personally at the time. But "Cupids" of course were Stamford lads so when you performed on TV with "Yesterday has gone" Cupids were the talk of  Stamford Town. And still are if one looks at "Cupids" on this forum. Most will remember the RAF "Hedge Hoppers" but "Cupids" in this Town still hold the number one slot.
Take care Terry and for the sake of all your fans please try to sort out a revival. Lets hear again some "Good old Rock & Roll" as it was deliverd by local Stamford lads before the rich & famous were ever even heard of.

Kind Regards Clem.

betty
May 13, 2010 @ 7:29 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry  I have just been talking to Gerald and he said to ask you what happened to The Tony Crombie record that your manager played on.

phil
June 12, 2010 @ 3:05 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Well Joy what a surprise!!Must say I can't remember the onion episode from your mum's garden.But it's such a long time ago,ive been in London now for 42 years and retired 7years the old memory's going a bit.Hope you are keeping well and enjoying this Forum.Phil

Rik
June 13, 2010 @ 5:35 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi terry

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my tardy response. Since I last posted I have been digging a little deeper into your recorded output and it seems you released a few singles as a solo artist after Cupids. I have been searching without success to find a CD compilation - only old vinyl 45's on ebay. I reckon it would cost a fair bit to get them all and no guarantee of the playing condition! So then, at the risk of appearing 'cheeky' if you have these and would be prepared to burn me a CD - maybe with the aforementioned live Cupids tracks as well I would be happy to pay you direct.

Best regards, Rik

Ed Chappel
November 3, 2010 @ 1:39 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry!

Very glad to have found this site, I've been looking for ways to get in touch, as I've just recently started a job working for a label in Berlin called Blue Cat Music and my boss is a huge fan of yours! We'd be very interested in re-releasing Yesterday has Gone and Cupid's Inspiration through our label here in Berlin. What we usually do is re-print the Master and sell it in all major physical and online retailers here in Europe (especially Germany) with 20% of every sale coming back to the artist/rights owner. If the master is no longer around (tape is gone) we can come up with an innovative way to make the re-release more exciting than a regular bootleg and ensure that more of the income from CDs that are sold will come back to you. Anyway, if that sounds of interest it would be great to hear back from you!

Thanks for your time and best wishes,

Ed Chappel

Ed Chappel
November 10, 2010 @ 9:15 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello! I'm trying to get in touch with Terry to discuss re-releasing 'Cupid's Inspiration' and 'Yesterday has Gone'. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Ed Chappel

Hi Ed.  I have sent your email address to Terry 2 or three times - but he doesn't seem to have received the emails.  I am therefore giving you his email as he would like  to make contact with you.  Hope you manage to make contact. Please post to Cupids Page 2 for any future postings.  Thanks. Kate

Ed Chappel
November 11, 2010 @ 12:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate,

Thanks so much for your help! I will write Terry an email and fingers crossed it will reach him!

Very best wishes,

Ed