Feetham's Electrical Shop High Street Stamford

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Feetham's Electrical Shop High Street Stamford
Topic Originator: Brian
Post Date November 1, 2005 @ 8:46 AM
 RE: Feetham's Electrical Shop High Street Stamford
 Feetham's record booths

Brian
November 1, 2005 @ 8:46 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Feetham's was the shop where I bought my first record for my brand new Dansette portable record player!  You usually had to order your 78 and wait a few days for it to come in.  I think I still have it in the loft.  It was Peter Ustinov's "Mock Mozart".  We handled our records with extreme care.

Jackie
August 16, 2007 @ 7:52 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I can remember going into Feethams with my Mum in the 60's buying a record.  I must of only been about 7.  The thing I remember most is the girl behind the counter with long nails and green nail varnish!!!
Kate:  Yes now its ipods.

Pete Leatherbarrow
November 30, 2010 @ 10:05 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

What? You paint i-Pods with green nail varnish Kate?

My Dad bought a portable Hacker record player for me in Feetham's, it ran on three huge PP9 batteries.

Lynda
January 7, 2011 @ 12:20 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I remember going into Feetham's with my dad to buy records and there were booths where you could listen to the records.  The assistant behind the counter would put the records on a turntable and the speakers would be in the booths.  This would be in the late 50's

Peter hunt
October 9, 2014 @ 4:49 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

1954/55 nipping down to look at the top 20 list which was posted in the front door each week.bought a 78 of Slim Whitmans "rosemarie" there played it in senior common room Browne House on my Phillips portable. Recently reconnected with some of my fellow school chums.Grand memories