Baxter Aggie and Roger St. Peter's Hill 1940s - 1950s

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Baxter Aggie and Roger St. Peter's Hill 1940s - 1950s
Topic Originator: Ann Edgeley
Post Date March 15, 2007 @ 5:00 PM
 RE: Baxter Aggie and Roger St. Peter's Hill 1940s - 1950s

Ann Edgeley
March 15, 2007 @ 5:00 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

As a child in the 1940s and fifties I used to visit my dads cousin. Her name was Aggie and her husband was Roger Baxter,they lived in a little house on St Peters Hill. I believe she had a sister Amy. I wondered if anyone knew the family as I would like to know more about her.

Also can anyone tell me was there anything across the road to the cottages in those days. Thanks.
Kate:  Thanks for that Ann.  Does anyone remember Aggie and Roger or Aggie's sister Amy?  Perhaps we can pinpoint the cottage they lived in?

Richard Standley
April 5, 2009 @ 10:12 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I don't know if ther is any connection but my grandmother became a Baxter on her marriage. Sarah Baxter and her sister Esther Pratley lived firstly in Sunnybank Cottages and then in No.4 Vine Street.
Sarah was born in Stamford as was my Grandfather Arthur Ewart Baxter he had several brothers and sisters. Does this help?

Ann Edgeley
January 16, 2011 @ 7:02 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Richard I know its along while since you answered my request for information on Aggie and Roger Baxter but have only just found your reply.I don't know anything about Roger Aggie was my relation she was Aggie Gutteridge before marriage.Her mother was a Bingham.All Stamford families.Thank you for replying when you did.Ann