STAMFORD U3A Oral History Project Sport & Recreation, 50 years ago and today.

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: STAMFORD U3A Oral History Project Sport & Recreation, 50 years ago and today.
Topic Originator: Phil Rudkin
Post Date May 14, 2006 @ 10:33 AM
 STAMFORD U3A Oral History Project Sport & Recreation, 50 years ago and today.

Phil Rudkin
May 14, 2006 @ 10:33 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

It might be of interest to Gateway readers to know that  interviews which took place with members of  Stamford's  older generation on Sport and Leisure, were then twinned with matching interviews, talking on the same subject  with younger people today. The title is: Stamford U3A Oral History Project, on Sport and Recreation, in Stamford, 50 years ago and early in the 21st Century.  It took us just under 3 years, to complete the project.  I transfered all the 29 interviews onto CDs, and Janet Smith compiled a file, and a precis of the interviews, with photographs. Mollie Birch and Phil Day also  conducted interviews for the project.   I deposited the Project in the Stamford Museum, on 17th March 2006.  They are for research and for posterity.  I thought it might be of interest to Gateway readers, who would like to research some of Stamford's social history.  They are available at the Museum, for research on the premises, if anyone is interested.
Kate:  Thanks for that Phil.  I am sure this will be of interest to local people as well as visitors who may be researching their Stamford roots. If you do go and use this info please send us some feedback - it makes all the effort worthwhile.