family tree - Reedman Thomas & Susan Australia connection

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: family tree - Reedman Thomas & Susan Australia connection
Topic Originator: judy reedman
Post Date October 6, 2006 @ 9:16 PM
 family tree - Reedman Thomas & Susan Australia connection
 RE: family tree - Reedman Thomas & Susan Australia connection

judy reedman
October 6, 2006 @ 9:16 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

i live in OZ, and was in UK in april/may of  2006.

my grandfather was a son of thomas and susan who emigrated to australia in 1886.
would love to hear from anyone

judy

Kate:  Thanks Judy - anyone there who can help Judy with her research?

Sue Reedman
June 9, 2007 @ 5:04 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Judy, I am working on my family tree as well.  I know my husband's family came from England but I have not been able to get off North America yet. I am working on it and will let  you know if there is a connection
Good luck!
Sue

Paul Reedman
June 23, 2007 @ 8:38 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Sue. I have over 700 names in the Reedman family tree with connections to England, Australia (including Judy), America and Canada. Let us know you're email address and I'll send you a copy and find out if we're connected

Paul (REEDMAN)

Andrew Matthews
December 29, 2007 @ 1:44 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I am interested to see these articles on the Reedman family. My Great Grandmother's sister married a Reedman of Stamford probably between 1900 and 1910. I know she had a son and he eventually went into the Coldstream Guards but my grandmother's generation lost touch. My great grandmother's sister's maiden name was Nellie Scotney and she came from Kings Cliffe, a few miles out of Stamford. She married a Reedman and they lived on Water Street in Stamford.  The story past down is that Nellie and her husband had an unhappy and short married life together. The strain of the marriage (which I am told had some domestic violence) resulted in Nellie entering a Sanitorium from which she never came out and she died quite young. This is a story passed down which no one now has been able to confirm. I recently put together a family tree of the Scotneys with my nephew but the Reedman connection is hazy and we do not have details of which Reedman Nellie married or when she died. I know she was born around 1882 so her husband may well be connected to the Reedmans who emigrated to Australia in 1886. They could have been Aunt & Uncle to Nellie's husband. It would be great to hear if you could confirm a connection here.
Kate: Hello Andrew.  Hope someone from the Reedman family can help. Paul Reedman has researched the Reedmans and has visited Stamford during his research.  Have a look under Ben Reedman on Stamford Memories Gateway (also on the site).

Judy Wilson
May 30, 2008 @ 5:30 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Judy, I am also working on the Reedman Family.  My husband is a descendant of Thomas Robert Reedman and Susan Swan.  I have some information, especially on Keith's immediate family that may be of interest to you.  Thomas and Susan were his gggrandparents; his ggrandparents were Martha Priscilla Reedman and Joseph Spencer and grandparents were Lillian May Spencer and Robert Wilson.  Would you like to add this to your 'tree?'
Regards
Judy Wilson

Sue Reedman
July 17, 2008 @ 2:21 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

There is a Nellie Reedman in the family of this era so there may be a family connection with yours as well as ours.  I will keep digging and let you know what I find (I am a slow but steady researcher so be patient please.)
Sue

don reedman
October 5, 2008 @ 8:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

hey judy my name is donald reedman i was born in wagga wagga nsw 1946 my ggg grand father was thomas robert reedman who imigrated to australia in 1886 with his family my father was leslie lawson reedman . i live in london now and took a trip to stamford to see the area with ggg grandfather lovely place. my aunty betty reedman is the last member of my parents generation  left who lives in brisbane qld. best  regards don reedman