Stunning - Christmas 2006

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Stunning - Christmas 2006
Topic Originator: Kate
Post Date December 12, 2006 @ 8:49 PM
 Stunning - Christmas 2006
 RE: Stunning - Christmas 2006
 RE: Stunning - Christmas 2006

Kate
December 12, 2006 @ 8:49 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Stamford is stunning at the moment.  At the top end of High Street opposite the town library the tree there is tastefully decked in lights and the second tree is highlighted .  All along the high Sreet there are displays of lights.  Coming in to Stamford from the George Hotel direction  Stamford is truly like going back in time.  The only thing missing is a dusting of snow to make it a Christmas card scene.  Why not come and experience it and do your shopping in the old fashioned way?  All the streets have lights and shop windows are a delight of lights and goods for sale.  People look happy as they walk around - children are free to move around in the precinct.  Marks and Spencer have opened their new store - simply food but strangely, also offering Per Una range of ladies clothes.  Tesco are opening more hours - shop here and enjoy the experience more this year!
Add your enjoyment of Stamford - which shops were a delight to you?  Where  in Stamford  were  you treated in a wonderful way that made you feel special.?  Record it here to make people feel special.  Lets have the Christmas spirit on the website.

margaret
December 13, 2006 @ 6:35 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I must say the lights this are very good this year, it feels like christmas in stamford, went into town on the high street on monday wet and windy but it was lovely to see the lights and tree light up.  Im glad m&s are open at the top of the high street, it looks good.
happy christmas
margaret
Kate:  Thanks for that Greeting Margaret.  Lots of people must have put time in to getting those lights up and making the window displays so pretty.  Enjoy them for a few weeks - and keep smiling!

margaret
December 13, 2006 @ 6:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

sorry another thing i would like to say, is that my daughter is visually impaired loved the lights around the shop windows and near the george hotel they seem brighter this year it could just be me, my daughter loves running in the high street and having the freedom to move around, in nearby towns,  all so crowded and people seem so annoyed with each other. In Stamford people seem quite happy.
sorry  i had to say that.
Kate:  Thanks for that Margaret.  Glad you and your daughter enjoyed the freedom of walking in High Street, Stamford.  Its fairly sheltered there even when its windy and cold.  The lights make it all seem so exciting!