east station

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: east station
Topic Originator: tim Musgrove
Post Date July 22, 2008 @ 11:43 PM
 east station
 RE: east station

tim Musgrove
July 22, 2008 @ 11:43 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

my grandfather brought the east station  for use as the haulage yard in oct 1966 from british rail for £ 12000

it was used prior to this by oates removals.

he had plans drawn up by mr ireson to demolish the staion house and replace with two bungalows with a view to living in one and the other lived in by one of his sons. This was due  to my grandmother being very ill at the time. However the council considered this a bad idea, thank god ! and granted him an £ 800 grant to renovate it and thus convert into two properties

He later sold castle dyke for the same amount as the station and moved to the station which was sold for devlopment in 1987

please does any one have any photos of the station 66' onwards or indeed bath row / castle dyke 30's up to 1970 that would show any of the vehicles or does anyone have any recollections of the company or the vehicles being parked along bath row.
Kate:  Thanks for those details Tim, that adds quite a bit to our knowledge re the East Station.
Lets keep the information flowing.

syd
August 3, 2008 @ 11:48 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

just a small note on the Musgroves,
in about the late fifties or early sixties I was hanging about the YMCA
steps, when a long pink apparition(a cadillac ?) pulled up and asked me for directions to the Musgroves house, I pointed the way and immediately regreted not offering to show the way personally.
What a beautiful car, I often saw Mr Musgrove gliding along in it, if ever a car was made for him that was it.
I lived next door to Trevor Musgrove, what a smashing man he was

tim Musgrove
August 3, 2008 @ 9:06 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

syd many thanks for your comments

from what i can gather as i did not know harold the car and he were well suited, he loved the large american cars

trevor was my father and i assume you lived next door at 2 new street ! if so i cannot remember you. may be before my time 39 years ago

tim

Roger
August 3, 2008 @ 10:26 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I remember Mr Musgrove had a 1961 Chevrolet Impala in (I think) blue and white, reg AFP 523 or 524. There was an article about it in the Mercury at the time.

Clem Walden
August 4, 2008 @ 8:40 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Tim, knew your dad very well & your mum "June Cox" that was, Trevor had a "Jeep" when we were all young men, Trevor & I had great times in the  50s (we were all single teenagers then) Trev was a great lad, & married a very good local girl, I remember installing the intruder alarm  alarm for Trevor & June "long time ago" have not seen your mum for a while, please give her my regards.

roger hardingham
September 19, 2008 @ 9:26 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Does anyone know of any archive films of the station or area?
Roger