miss daniels 1953

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: miss daniels 1953
Topic Originator: tim MUSGROVE
Post Date December 30, 2008 @ 8:56 PM
 miss daniels 1953
 RE: miss daniels 1953
 missdaniels 1953/mssge for Tim
 RE: miss daniels 1953
  miss daniels 1953

tim MUSGROVE
December 30, 2008 @ 8:56 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

i would like to find out who was miss daniels ie. the football club in 1953.  i have come across a photo of one of my grandfathers trucks, a 1953 bedford coming up st. martins hill  carrying miss daniels on the trailer

Andy Matthews
January 5, 2009 @ 11:39 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

If people could see the picture I am sure someone would recognise who Miss Daniels was in 1953.  My mother was 19 that year and has lived in Stamford all her life.  She would know most other girls of her age in the town at that time and may well recognise her.  You could try sending the picture to the Stamford Mercury and ask them to put it in the paper to see if readers can identify her - I am sure someone would!!

marion farrell
June 24, 2010 @ 5:37 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

h! Tim,    I think it could be my sister Jacqueline gigner. but would have to
see photo to be sure. Married name is chambers now lives in
  Australia.
                      Marion.
Kate: Hi Marion.  Hope Tim can email this photo to me and I will put it on line so all can view.
Hi Tim - wonder if you can email the photo to me kate@stamfordtown.com  as it will then have international reach.
Hope so - your photo of the float has generated lots of interest. Kate

tim musgrove
June 24, 2010 @ 7:30 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

yes i will e mail photo to you

about a month after it was in the mercury i did have a phone message left on my answer phone from a lady in australia saying it could be me but did not leave a name or number

Miss Daniels 1953
by kind permission of Tim Musgrove

Hi Tim, thanks for that.  I have got the image ok but although it conveys the carnival atmosphere I cannot see Miss Daniels.  Perhaps it got lost in email translation. Kate

marion farrell
June 25, 2010 @ 9:39 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

TIM,
     Sorry unable to identify any body on lorry (float) from
      your picture,
                Marion.