DR WHO in Stamford

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: DR WHO in Stamford
Topic Originator: Rog
Post Date November 1, 2009 @ 12:47 PM
 DR WHO in Stamford
 DR WHO - "Jelly Baby?"
 DR WHO in Stamford

Rog
November 1, 2009 @ 12:47 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Does anyone else remember queuing up to meet Tom Baker when he opened Walkers Bookshop in the High Street in 1978?

It was the height of his Dr Who fame & I remember joining the queue which stretched nearly down to Rodgers the Jewellers.
He was sat at a desk on the ground floor facing the entrance, near where the cards are these days, with Mr Christmas the manager directing operations & book signings.  A lot of kids were stunned into silence by seeing the tall Time Lord!  Happy days.

David Griffith
November 19, 2009 @ 10:18 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I remember meeting Tom Baker very well. I still have the signed book tucked away somewhre! Queued up for what seemed like hours as a child before we finally got in. I remember him uttering the immortal line "Jelly Baby?" when offering sweets while signing the books

Julia Clarke
February 27, 2013 @ 2:40 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yes, l was in that queue too, and by the time l got to him he was not in a cheery mood, in fact l always remember him as grumpy.