Radcliffe Hse Jnr Cup Team 1958

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Radcliffe Hse Jnr Cup Team 1958
Topic Originator: Terry Rice-Milton
Post Date May 4, 2010 @ 7:32 PM
 : Radcliffe Hse Jnr Cup Team 1958
 RE: Radcliffe Hse Jnr Cup Team 1958
  Radcliffe Team 1958/mssge for Terry
 RadcliffeTeam 1958/mssge for Betty
 RE: Radcliffe Hse Jnr Cup Team 1958

Terry Rice-Milton
May 4, 2010 @ 7:32 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Dear Kate,

This is what you call a Rugby Team!

Radcliffe House Junior Cup Team 1958
by kind permission of Terry Rice-Milton
This is RADCLIFFE HOUSE JUNIOR CUP TEAM 1958, we actually won the Junior Cup(I think , someone will correct me, I'm sure).
Team  L- R Back:-  P.WEST   D.A.WARD   R.J.BELTON   R.PICKLES   M.S. KEE   V.W.BENNS   D.R.BOND   T.A.BULL(WITH THE MATCHSTICKS FOR LEGS).
L - R Middle:-  A.R.DOLBY   J.D.GLOVER   G.L.NICKERSON(CAPT.)  J.R.SHELFORD, ESQ.   G.HOLMES   P.R.HAMIT  
L-R Bottom:-  B.A.TEBB   R.J.NICHOLS

Double click on the photo.  Then click on the + sign top right.  Then click on " View All Sizes" to get largest image.
 Click on photostream to see all stamfordtown's photos.  Click back button on your computer to return to this page

I see one or two of the boys at O.S. Reunions but would love to know what happened to the rest of them. I know that Geo Holmes died a few years ago, sadly. You know what became of T.A.Bull ( yeah,' table', though no-one ever called me that,it was always' terrible' as in Terry Bull, and a few other names which I won't go into now! My dad was Eddie Bull as in 'edible'. Go on laugh! I still do.
wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry

phil
May 4, 2010 @ 9:29 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Thanks for puting the picture on Terry. Pete West we often canoed down the Welland together/ good friend, Vic Benns St Martins Choir with me, Alan Dolby a mate and Roger Nichols my sisters boyfriend.GREAT MEMORIES of STAMFORD.

Clem Walden
May 5, 2010 @ 1:30 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Terry I remember you way back then and even before then, one can see your legs were never made for rugby. Your dad Eddie was a very nice guy and played cricket if my memory serves me well, I also thought he was in the Fire Service (but may be wrong) that may have been Mr Helstrip who lived in the same area at the time, perhaps you might take a look at the "The Saints Skiffle Group" site and recall some old memories when I would pass your house on my way to practice sessions to get the three cords I knew in the right order.

betty
May 5, 2010 @ 9:45 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry

Just looked at your picture I thought you might like to know that Peter Hamit lives in Australia.  Have a word with Colin sometime and he will update you  Betty

Terry Rice-Milton
May 6, 2010 @ 1:03 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Betty,
Lovely to hear from you. Am I right in thinking that you worked at the Town Hall? -I did, from 1965 to 1968. I was with Mr. Espin, the HIghways Superintendent, I think that that was his official title. A decent man, as were his sons.

Thanks for Peter Hamit info. I have spoken about my nicknames but as I remember Peter had an unusual one. Cannot think of it though!

Maybe I'll bump into Colin at the O.S. Reunion this year. I've not made it for a couple of years. I shall make enquiries.

Wivlotsanlotsaluv,

Terry

betty
May 6, 2010 @ 7:23 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry

No I worked at Dolby's the Printers in the Office and I seem to think you used to come there to see Mr. Dolby.

I am sure you will know that Peter Hamitt did become a Doctor.

Roger Partridge
May 8, 2010 @ 11:37 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Betty, you must have known my father, Frank Partridge

betty
May 9, 2010 @ 9:46 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I worked with your father, I did wonder when I saw your name on the Forum whether you were his son, its a small world.  I worked with Dorothy Baker (Graham) and Ann Britten (Gibson) Ann Wallace (Chiverton) Albert Barlow and his brother at Dolby's 1959-1961