Stamford Teds

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Stamford Teds
Topic Originator: Kate
Post Date May 6, 2010 @ 7:41 PM
 Stamford Teds
  Stamford Teds
 RE: Stamford
 Stamford Teds
 CoolTeds/trick of the light
 Teds/birth of teenagers
  Stamford Teds
 Stamford Teds/Ted?
 Stamford Teds/ Girls Turn
 Stamford Teds/any more photos?
 Stamford Teds/Faggotts
 StamfordTeds/Faggots photo
 StamfordTeds/more photos please

Kate
May 6, 2010 @ 7:41 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Stamford Teds

by kind permission of Clem Walden

Double click on photo to go to larger image. then   Click on "All Sizes" to go to full screen image.  Click on photostream to see all stamfordtown's photos.  Click back button on your computer to return to this page

betty
May 7, 2010 @ 9:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Clem,  Well I can pick out John and Spiv Whithead but I am not sure of the other two, is the one on the left the boy of Woods, and yes I know which one is you

Clem Walden
May 8, 2010 @ 6:24 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi-Betty,
           I thought the one on the left was "Collin Woods" (spike) but we are not 100% sure, Bill Bloor and myself are on the photo, and as you have stated so is John Hill and James Whitehead "Spiv" your brother Gerald is not sure if it is Collin Woods neither am I, Mick Carr thought it was Cyril Woods, but Mick remembers nothing as Gerald will confirm, It may have been one of the RAF lads from Wittering? some  came out with us at times like "Dickey Sprag" who went with Pamela Lee, the guy in the photo seems to be wearing a jewish scull cap (any ideas who he could be?) do not think it is (spike)

betty
May 9, 2010 @ 9:49 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Clem,  I have spoken to Gerald and we have decided it is Colin Woods and Billy Bloor.  Definately not Cyril Woods

Ann Marie Hyde (Wooods)
May 13, 2010 @ 4:35 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Gerald,
Got my dad Colin Woods to have a look the photo. He can confirm that it is himself. (Item is not a a Jewish scull cap just a trick of the light)
The youth of today think they made fashion hey!! You boys look cool.

Ann Marie

Clem Walden
May 15, 2010 @ 1:52 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi-Ann Marie, thanks for confirming it is your dad Colin (spike) you are right about the fashions, many forget that up until the early fifties all boys and girls after leaving school wore the same style clothing their parents wore. the word "Teenagers" had not been invented, your were either a school boy/girl or an adult, (adult then meaning when you left school) the period was great and teenagers were born "so to speak" Burtons the High street tailors did a great trade, Stamford Teds always took pride in how they dressed. Yes we certainly were in the fashion in those days, so were thousands of our age group throughout the UK.  
Great period the 50's, great days the birth of teenagers and "Rock & Roll"

Tim Musgrove
May 15, 2010 @ 7:21 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Three photos of Stamford "Teds"  including my Dad.
Stamford Teds - Trevor Musgrove taken at Skegness

my Dad, Trevor Musgrove, taken at Skegness
Double click on photo to go to larger image. then   Click on "All Sizes" to go to full screen image.  Click on photostream to see all stamfordtown's photos.  Click back button on your computer to return to this page

Stamford Teds at The Drill Hall

My Dad far right taken at The Drill Hall, others from left,
Jock MARSHALL, Albert DURRANT, Jim DAWSON, Ted SENDALL

Stamford Teds - Trevor Musgrove at Skegness
my Dad, again taken at Skegness
by kind permission of Tim Musgrove

Clem Walden
May 15, 2010 @ 9:11 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi-Tim, is that my old mate "Trev Musgrove" and "Ted Sendall" Ted had big black sideburns and your dad "Trev" had a jeep we would ride in around the Town, I see Ted Sendall regular in the Town and we often talk about days gone by. nice to see a few more old photos posted. Jim Dawson was one of the first Teds in the Town, and the old Drill Hall was our local night spot, give my regards to your mum June, (hope ive got it right) your mum was June Cox? hope we get a few more old photos of the Stamford fashion makers.

betty
May 18, 2010 @ 12:48 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Stamford Teds, THE GIRLS at Southend 1958

by kind permission of Betty Thorp

Hi Kate
I thought it was time the girls had a turn.  I am sure Clem will be able to name them all on a trip out to Southend.  I think the year was 1958.  By the way Clem Barbara said where was your photograph taken because she had a copy of the same one.
I thought you might like to know this photograph has been scanned to me from Australia that is how popular the Forum is.
Kate:  Hi Betty.  Thanks for the photo and your kind message.

Clem Walden
May 19, 2010 @ 2:11 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi-Betty, great photo girls were girls in those days, of course I remember all the names, Carol, Barbara, Betty, Jose, Wanda, was not Wanda from the Kings Head? Tell Gigs the photo of the boys was taken at the bottom of Castle Dyke close to the the lamas bridge that goes over the Mill Stream. anyway you girls look like you were having a great day out, give Gigs my regards and all the others if you are still in touch with them Betty. by the way there must be more photo's out there of the boy's and the girls. hope others will start to post them it's great to see them and recall all those happy memories.
Kate: Thanks Clem for starting this one rolling.

Mick Farrell
June 17, 2010 @ 7:12 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

H!.
  Clem how about me . I know i didn't go to a lot gatherings because
  of my work but when out wore the gear. Have photo.
                                                                Faggotts.

Mick.  Email copy of photo please.  Kate

Mick Farrell
June 26, 2010 @ 8:19 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

This is Mick Farrell off duty.

Stamford Teds

Double click on the photo.  Then click on the + sign top right.  Then click on " View All Sizes" to get largest image.

Clem Walden
June 27, 2010 @ 12:11 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi-Faggotts great photo fond memories just hope the rest of the boys start putting their photos on, Burtons must have made a lot of money out of the Stamford Teds in the 50s. You must be the last teddy boy in England who worked on the old steam trains, how can I forget you you may have missed a few outings but so did we all. Nice to see you on this great forum your brother inlaw Colin must have a photo or two next time you see him get him to visit the site and put them on. also remind him about the times I would call for him he wore the gear as you aware. must say you do look smart kind regards Clem.