CUPIDS/PAGE2 please post here now

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: CUPIDS/PAGE2 please post here now
Topic Originator: Nigel CROSS
Post Date May 15, 2010 @ 1:12 PM
 CUPIDS/PAGE 2
 RE: CUPIDS/PAGE 2/Scotgate night to remember
 CUPID'S/PAGE 2
 RE: CUPIDS /PAGE 2 please post here now
 RE: CUPIDS /PAGE 2/mssge for Grieg
 RE: CUPIDS /PAGE 2/Terry writes
 RE: CUPIDS /PAGE 2/mssge to Terry
 CUPIDS 2/cd
 CUPIDS 2/ mssge for Terry
 CUPIDS/mssge from Terry
 CUPIDS2/"Nobby" Sharp
 CUPIDS 2/on Peterborough Gold
 CUPIDS 2/mssge for Terry
 CUPIDS2/Terry WOW
 CUPIDS2/wish I'd been older
 CUPIDS2/follow-up
 CUPIDS2/Stamford convert
 CUPIDS/messgs from Terry
 CUPIDS 2/mssge for Terry
 CUPIDS2/mssge for Betty
 CUPIDS /2 Reunion?
 CUPIDS 2/Nigel joins us again!
 CUPIDS 2/Nigel we loves yuh baby!(with apologies to plain English board)
 RE: CUPIDS /PAGE 2/Terry
 CUPIDS PAGE 2
 CUPIDS/messge from Terry
 CUPIDS/mssge for Terry
 CUPIDS/mssge to Greg
 CUPIDS DRUMMER
  CUPIDS /PAGE 2 please post here now
  CUPIDS /PAGE 2 REUNION
 CUPIDS /PAGE 2 please post here
 CUPIDS/John Cockin
 RE: CUPIDS/PAGE2 please post here now
  CUPIDS/PAGE2 Lesley watters
 CUPIDS/I have booked!
 CUPIDS/PAGE2 /mssge from Terry
 RE: CUPIDS/PAGE2
 CUPIDS/PAGE2 /Reunion
 CUPIDS/PAGE2 /Reunion
 CUPIDS/revisited my teens
  CUPIDS/PAGE2
 CUPIDS/PAGE2/20 July
 CUPIDS/PAGE2/Nigel remembers
 : CUPIDS/PAGE2 please post here now
  CUPIDS/mssge from Terry
 CUPIDS/POSTPONED TO NEW YEAR

Nigel CROSS
May 15, 2010 @ 1:12 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Kate: Due to the large number of Cupid's postings I have opened a new page to follow on from page 1.  

New postings for this topic should be sent to this thread.  The other postings will  remain there as an archive of postings  for people to access on Cupids Page 1.
If you post to Page 1 I cannot publish the item as it will overload the thread and no one will be able to read it.  Your co-operation requested on this.  Thanks. K

Terry Rice-Milton
May 21, 2010 @ 11:00 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Joy, Good to know that we are speaking despite the reminder of the 'incident'. It is lovely to see you write of little Eric and the 'character' that he so obviously was. It was fantastic that our Barbara should recognise you from the voice after all these years. I am sure Phil will be in touch again with his side of the Onion story. Speak soon.
Clem, I am guessing that you and the 'Saints' had just as much fun as we did in the 60s. I'll drink to that next time I've a glass in my hand. Hold on a minute! What is that thing with the long stem and a hand friendly shape, tinted Claret?  Thanks again for the lovely things you say about Cupid's. It would be great to get together with Jim again, do not know about Roger or Geof but I am sure we could do something in the not too distant! I think it would be a treat to meet up even if it was only for a drink!
Betty, tell Gerald he has a fantastic memory and that he probably knows more about Tony Crombie and The Rockets, who our
(mis)manager Ashley Kozak played Bass for, than I do! I did have the opportunity to meet him again a few years back but I thought it wiser to steer clear, for obvious reasons, although I am not a violent person by nature.
On that note I shall close. Hope it hasn't been a bore.
wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Grieg Bremner
May 26, 2010 @ 6:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

hi just fellover this great linkto cupids inspiration and my alltime fab town from 67/70 my famly had the Scotgate i
Inn with the very good cellar bar jimmey. elma. morag. and myself greig were in the bar the night the band were in the cellar no 4 in the charts and on T.O.P WHAT A BUZZ FOR THE TOWN well terry i hope things are well with you  
mum and dad are no longer here, morag is in the sunshine state
for the past 30 something years and im tour man bands here in the uk it was a great time in our lives come on a get together just for one night? ps who was your little roady a really funny gy thanks greig

Phil
June 12, 2010 @ 9:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Well Joy what a surprise!!Must say I can't remember the onion episode from your mum's garden.But it's such a long time ago,ive been in London now for 42 years and retired 7years the old memory's going a bit.Hope you are keeping well and enjoying this Forum.Phil

rik
June 13, 2010 @ 8:22 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi terry

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my tardy response. Since I last posted I have been digging a little deeper into your recorded output and it seems you released a few singles as a solo artist after Cupids. I have been searching without success to find a CD compilation - only old vinyl 45's on ebay. I reckon it would cost a fair bit to get them all and no guarantee of the playing condition! So then, at the risk of appearing 'cheeky' if you have these and would be prepared to burn me a CD - maybe with the aforementioned live Cupids tracks as well I would be happy to pay you direct.

Best regards, Rik

Terry Rice-Milton
June 14, 2010 @ 5:11 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Grieg,
Thanks for reminding us of that Great Night in the Cellar Bar at the Scotgate Inn.
That must have been round about this time of the year 42 yrs ago.
I remember it so well with Morag, You, Mum and dad and so many of the Stamford lads too.
As you can imagine I was flying high,with or without a drink! Good to know that you're involved in the music biz!
We must work on a proper reunion!
Sincere Regards. Terry.

Terry Rice-Milton
June 14, 2010 @ 5:23 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

p.s. to Grieg-the Little 'roadie' you mentioned was Iain 'Bogie' Laird, wonder how and what he is doing now?
Cupid's road manager was Phil Snowden, of course, speak soon Phil.

Rik, I would be pleased to try and copy those other tracks to CD for you If I could ask Kate for your details, please.

Hello to Kate, Betty, Nigel and Clem, by the way Clem, If I could have your details maybe we could see whether it is possible to pull something together for a reunion?!

Wivlosanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Kate
June 14, 2010 @ 6:30 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry
I am sending details of Grieg and Clem so that you can email them offline.
You are having to have a second page now.  So popular! K

Rik
June 14, 2010 @ 9:27 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate

Hope you get this message and are able to pass on my details to Terry.  He has offered to help me get a CD of his recorded output together but needs my details.
Cheers, Rik
Yes Rik got your message ok.  I've sent your email address to Terry. K

Rik
June 18, 2010 @ 7:06 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry

Just wanted to check that you got my email address which I believe Kate has passed on to you! If you can contact medirect then I will give you my address. Many thanks

Rik

Rik
June 27, 2010 @ 12:38 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry

Sorry to chase, but was just wondering if you could confirm my email was forwarded on to you as I haven't heard from you at this time!

Cheers

Rik

Terry
June 29, 2010 @ 1:47 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate,

Just to say that I have not received Rik's or Clem's contact details yet....I hate to be a pain.

You might like to know that I had a visit from dear 'ole Jim Laughton, aka Laughton James original bass player with Cupid's (and my best mate back in the day), as I am sure you are aware.

We talked a lot,although Jim did most of it, not that I minded, I loved it in fact. Had not seen him for 7 or so years.
The good news is that we are going to do our best to organize a reunion 'gig', with Clem's help, I hope.

I do not remember saying but back in May I also met up with our Keyboard player, Jonathan Sharp aka Garfield Tonkin. We added him when we went on the road as Cupid's Inspiration. He lives in the Bourdeaux region of France farming curative Herbs now. His Dad was our English Lit. Master at the school.

I won't bore you with any more.

Wivlotsanlotsaluv,

Terry.
ps Joy Prior has been in touch. She too lives EN FRANCE.

Hi Terry.  I hope you have now received the details for Clem and Rik.  Not sure if it was my email or your new one (as I think I posted to the old one).  Please let me know straight away if you have not received the details.  Thanks. Kate

Roger Partridge
June 29, 2010 @ 8:41 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry

Your mention of Garfield brought back fond memories of his father, "Nobby" Sharp with whose help I managed to pass English "A" Level.

Kate
August 4, 2010 @ 10:27 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Yesterday has gone was played on Peterborough Gold at 8.30 a.m. today by James & Erika.  Sounded so up-to-date!

Paula
August 5, 2010 @ 2:26 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry
Just thought I'd let you know that your big hit YESTERDAY HAS GONE is one of my old time favourites. I was about 12 when you were in the charts with it - still love it though, as do my grandsons who are now tuned into the 60's music through me (as were my children before them!!)
Also, in Bingley W.Y. where I live, we too have a famous person from that era living just up the road from myself. He's MICK JACKSON from THE LOVE AFFAIR (original member). He's now into motorsport - his son being a racing driver. Do you remember him from that time?
Best wishes
Paula x

Mike F
August 8, 2010 @ 7:55 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry,
I am 49 years old and have an encyclopedic knowledge of 60's music. However, every now and then a song comes back to me that i had forgotten about. Man, how in the name of God could i have forgotten about this classic 60's song, but i did, and now i've found you again all i can say is WOW.

'Yesterday has gone', is not just a great song, 'Yesterday has gone', is not just sung by a great singer, it is more, much more than that.

It has the spirit of the 1960's in it, and not all 60's songs do.

I was 7 or 8 years old when this came out, i loved the song then, and in 2010 i love it again, Terry that song is 'Yesterday once more', for me.

I wish i could go back to the 1960's again, i was so young and life was so magical. Terry, man you were part of that magic for me, i now listen again to that song and relive so many memories.

Once again, i wish i could go back to the 1960's, my childhood.

But alas,

YESTERDAY HAS GONE.

Kate:  Hi Mike.  Thanks for this.  Please post to heading Cupids2 when you post again,  as Cupids1 page is full. Thanks K

Mikef
August 10, 2010 @ 4:37 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

They played 'Yesterday Has Gone', on Capital Gold last week. I was only 8 years old when this came out, wish i'd been older, i would have written you a follow up song, something like 'Silence Is Golden', or 'Happy Together'
By the way Terry, your voice on 'Yesterday Has Gone', was perfect and there is a background vocal on the chorus that somehow reminds me of 'Even The Bad Times Are Good'

Mikef
August 10, 2010 @ 5:00 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Now i think about it a great follow up would have been a song like 'Over You', the one Gary Puckett sang in '68

Mikef
August 10, 2010 @ 7:33 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I don't come from Stamford, i'm from London, But i lived in Crowland for a year.

Terry Rice-Milton
August 26, 2010 @ 10:58 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate, Hope all is well with you.
Have just 'tuned in' after a bit of a gap. Just had to reply to the latest postings.
Roger Partridge. I had to tell you that 'Nobby' Sharp inspired me too with a love of Books and the English Language, much to the delight of Mrs. R-M. One of her popular expressions is 'NOT another flipping BOOK!'
Paula. It is good to know that your influence is encouraging the young 'uns to 'tune in' to the 60s sounds. Keep up the good work! Incidentally, we did a few gigs with The Love Affair on Scot Walker's Tour, also played football with Steve Ellis.
Mike F. I am reliving the 60s even now, through all those fabulous reminders, comments and kind observations that you and the others have made. I am not often lost for words but...........
Wivlotsanlotsaluv, Terry.
Hi Terry
I'm having a bad day.  chimney stack leaking (but got someone to fix it in the next couple of days) and emails have gone down.  Hope that will be back up soon.  Its freezing here - had some heating on - is this August?  Good thing I can view my messages on the Forum! K

betty
August 27, 2010 @ 2:38 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry
Thought I would let you know that Pete Thomas died a fortnight ago and the Service Program had a photograph of one of Uncle's football teams on the back and guess who is on the back row, yes yours truly unless its your brother but the name says Terry Bull.  I will try and get a copy of it scanned for you  Betty

Terry Rice-Milton
August 28, 2010 @ 11:51 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Betty, Sorry to hear the sad news of dear 'ole Pete, he was there when our Trevor broke his leg and had to give up playing, he thought an awful lot of Pete, so did many more of us!
Not sure that it would be me in the picture.Trevor was much stronger looking than me and 3 inches shorter. Don't suppose that helps very much, so I look forward to seeing the 'pic' if it at all possible.
Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Lynda
October 4, 2010 @ 10:34 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I would have loved to see Cupids but I was just that bit too young and now would welcome seeing a reunion.  Hope it will be well advertised as I would not want to miss it.

'Yesterday has gone' is well played on Gold radio station!!

Lynda

Nigel Cross
October 5, 2010 @ 6:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

'Cupids' played on Ken Bruce show at 11.55 on Radio 2 today 5th October 2010; released c.June 1968; 42 years later still being played on the premier radio station in the Uk, 'me thinks' they must have done something right, all those years ago.
Hi there Nigel.  The original poster for Cupids - producing the most popular topic on the website!  Well done Nigel and thanks once again for your input.  Kate xx

Nigel Cross
October 6, 2010 @ 4:57 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

My pleasure; and by the responses a lot of other people as well

Ed Chappel
November 3, 2010 @ 7:14 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry!

Very glad to have found this site, I've been looking for ways to get in touch, as I've just recently started a job working for a label in Berlin called Blue Cat Music and my boss is a huge fan of yours! We'd be very interested in re-releasing Yesterday has Gone and Cupid's Inspiration through our label here in Berlin. What we usually do is re-print the Master and sell it in all major physical and online retailers here in Europe (especially Germany) with 20% of every sale coming back to the artist/rights owner. If the master is no longer around (tape is gone) we can come up with an innovative way to make the re-release more exciting than a regular bootleg and ensure that more of the income from CDs that are sold will come back to you. Anyway, if that sounds of interest it would be great to hear back from you!

Thanks for your time and best wishes,

Ed Chappel

Terry Rice-Milton
November 10, 2010 @ 11:18 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello! I'm trying to get in touch with Terry to discuss re-releasing 'Cupid's Inspiration' and 'Yesterday has Gone'. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Ed Chappel

Hi Ed.  I have sent your email address to Terry 2 or three times - but he doesn't seem to have received the emails.  I am therefore giving you his email as he would like  to make contact with you.  Hope you manage to make contact. Please post to Cupids Page 2 for any future postings.  Thanks. Kate

Hi Ed,
Lovely to hear from you with your suggestion for a re-issue of 'Yesterday Has Gone'. How exciting would that be?!!
As it happens I am pretty sure that the Company that owns the original
recording is in Germany.
Friends are always saying 'It's like you are going through a second childhood Terry'. Truth to tell though, I have never really grown out of the first one!
Bring it on!!!
Keep up the good work Kate, if only for my sake! (16yrs. old Terry R-M).
Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry. xxx

Terry Rice-Milton
December 22, 2010 @ 10:56 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate, Betty, Nigel and everyone who has taken the time and trouble to be in touch over the last few years - I just wanted to say A Great Big Thank You for bringing an extra bit of excitement to our lives. 2011 promises to be just as interesting! Fingers crossed for that Reunion Gig etc..

Here's wishing you a VERY MERRY XMAS and A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR.
WIVLOTSANLOTSALUV,
TERRY.

betty
December 22, 2010 @ 9:46 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Thank you Terry and the same to you.  I will get the Football photo on the Forum after Christmas, I am sure it is your brother not you on it.  Regards from Gerald and Colin and Good Luck for the New Year
The same to you Clem and all the others out their for all the interesting information and happy memories.

Kate
March 4, 2011 @ 9:31 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Testing

Terry Rice-Milton
March 6, 2011 @ 8:10 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate and Cupid's Inspiration friends,
I have been in touch with Clem and had a short chat with Jim, which started on the AM of last Tuesday and finished into the PM of same day, and things are looking possible for our Reunion 'gig'for sometime this summer. Have left it up to Jim to investigate all possibilities. Yes it was good to hear from Ted too, thanks for the link Kate.
More soon, I hope
Meanwhile, best wishes to all,
wivlotsanlotsaluv,

Terry

greig bremner
March 14, 2011 @ 5:36 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

hi terry was in stamford last week with gerry and the pacemakers
at the corn ex the last time i  was in there was when cupids reeee in there what a really nice place if you are having a get together with the guys thats the place? if it happens morag and will do our utmost to be there maybe see on the road greig.emil realrocklive@live.com

Terry Rice-Milton
March 23, 2011 @ 12:46 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi there Greg,
Good to hear from you again and Morag too!
I guess that with your experience of the different venues your recommendation is not to be ignored. Actually, it would be quite a relevant and nostalgic return to the Corn Exchange - it was whilst we were there practising that we were told of Bobby Kennedy's assassination - on my birthday too!I was, of course 14 yrs old and doing 'o' levels at the time! That is my story and I am sticking to it!
How were Gerry and the Pacemakers, still going as strong as ever I hope?
Apologies for going on Kate. (What's new? She says).
wivlotsanlotsaluv, Terry

Tony PECK
April 24, 2011 @ 1:48 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I was the the original drummer in the early days.South side move..the Bluesounds... The loose ends  and the Ends.. Anyone who wants to talk over the good ole days im sure i can help. Bass.Bob Sharp..Rythem guitar Jim Laughton Lead guitar Kenny Peck (my brother).Drums Tony Peck. Singer Terry Bull )Terry Rice Milton).. .............IM TALKING AROUND  1962...ERA      IM A LITTLE GREY NOW BUT STILL PLAYING IN A TOP COUNTRY BAND FROM LIVERPOOL CALLED  WEST  VIRGINA.... Cheers  Tony  Peck
Kate: Hi Tony.  Welcome to the Forum.  Please post on this thread (Page 2) as page 1 is now too full and might not show up for people to access.  Thanks again
Kate

Terry Rice-Milton
May 13, 2011 @ 12:18 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

How great it was to hear from young Tony Peck!
He was all that he said he was and a good deal more besides, always good for a laugh!
I thought that maybe he would have fallen out with me, because a few years back we were going to meet at one of his 'gigs' down my way but my work made me very late so I crawled to my bed instead.
Maybe we'll be in touch soon.

We have high hopes for the Cupid's Reunion 'gig' later in the year.
Jim and I are getting together again today to go over songs etc..
Watch this space!

Thanks again Kate.

Wivlotsanlotsaluv,

Terry.

Kenny
December 31, 2011 @ 8:11 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

hi, Messaage for Terry Rice Milton, how goods your memory, not as far back as Cupids days, but around 30 yeaars ago, when you lived in Cheshunt. You helped me sort out a new girl group?.. any memories of that time, also Cheshunt boys club?... kenny Charles, Steve Minton, george Nash, Moon Williams?...

Terry Rice-Milton
January 2, 2012 @ 4:51 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kenny,
What a way to start a New Year! With a 'blast from the past'. One of the nicest people on the planet! Those names ring a bell too, though I think you will find that we all performed as part of a boy group!
Cheshunt Boys Club (where Sir Cliff Richard spent some time in his youth) is now Waltham Cross Youth Centre and I am still Chairperson.

Kate - May I wish everybody a Happy and Healthy New Year and say how much I would love to hear more 'blasts from the past', especially anyone who might be able to help with our CUPIDS  REUNION this year!
Wivlotsanlotsaluv, Terry xxx
Kate:  Thanks for that Terry and all the best to you and yours for 2012.

Lesley (Churchman) Watters
January 18, 2012 @ 1:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I was at Stamford High School had a big crush on John Cockin - am shocked to hear he has died - any further details ?

Later I went out with Pete Liddle and then after Cambridge he went to Paris and worked as a chemist for a booze company ( One of the Vermouth makers ) Unfortunately I lost touch with him tho' i heard he married someone called Sheena or some similar name.

Terry Rice-Milton
January 22, 2012 @ 7:30 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Lesley,
You are not going to believe this but sitting right alongside of me is Jon Sharp, aka Garfield Tonkin of Cupid's Inspiration (Keyboards). - Look on YouTube if you don't believe me; he hopes you remember him! Here ya go!!

Hi Lesley - don't know if you remember me; still have the scroll you gave me once! I live in France as well and see Pete Liddle quite regularly. Would be good to correspond - I will give Kate my email address. Jon.

Hope this ok with you Kate? wivlotsanlotsaluv Terry.
Hi Terry, Jon and Lesley.  Lesley if you can send me your email address I will forward Jon's email address to you. K

Terry Rice-Milton
February 21, 2012 @ 12:29 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate and Cupid friends,

Jim(Laughton) has been in touch and confirmed that -
The CUPID'S INSPIRATION REUNION GIG is to be held at the STAMFORD CORN EXCHANGE THEATRE on the 22ND SEPTEMBER 2012.

Tell your friends! Tell the family! It is finally going to happen!

I have been getting into shape on shows with Alan Warner's Foundations, Billie davis and Keith Powell.
Jim and I are getting together the different CUPID'S personnel to try and make the occasion as memorable as possible. I know I'll have a ball!!

Wivlotsanlotsaextraluv,
Terry.

Ellen Burns
March 5, 2012 @ 1:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I was searching for info on Terry Rice-Milton and came across this site! how fab. I was a fan way back and met Terry at the 'Electric Gardens' in Glasgow when they played at a 'Radio 1 road show. What a gentleman. (sorry I did manage to the evening show!)
Lovely to hear still going strong and have now check out the youtube video.

Terry Rice-Milton
March 23, 2012 @ 10:35 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Ellen,
Lovely to hear from you. I remember our time with the BBC in Glasgow, nice people! We did Strathclyde University too. We were given a guided tour of the city, including Sauchiehall St. - had to keep moving! Ah, the good times!
Kate hope all is well with you, hopefully we shall see you at the Reunion gig.

Chris Jarvis
April 20, 2012 @ 9:21 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

If Lesley Churchman would like to email me at CAN@jarvis61.freeserve.co.uk  I can provide her with some more information on John Cockin's death. Essenitally it was what we would all wish for -  sudden peaceful and with friends while swiming in the Massif Central. I spoke to him a couple of months before his death and believe it was Peter Liddle who put me in contact with him. All three of us had played together in a band while at Stamford School before going off to different Universities. Regards - Chris Jarvis

Ellen Burns
April 30, 2012 @ 6:03 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry, how lovely of you to reply. You and I went for a coffee in Sauchiehall St. across from the then Electric Gardens! Oh where did all those years go? anyway its so nice to have those memories and to hear you sing again! Take care. Ellen

Terry Rice-Milton
May 9, 2012 @ 1:02 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Ellen, it is always a pleasure to hear from 'acquaintances' from the past and to bring it all back. As you say 'Good Times'. - One of my own songs 'No Peace Of Mind' starts with 'Where Have All The Good Days gone?'
Thanks to Kate, Nigel and people like yourself writing to this forum, they will always be there, for me at least!

Nice to know that Mark Walmesley is still on the scene.
Jonathan Sharp (aka Garfield Tonkin) sends his regards Mark. He still sees Peter Liddle over there in France.

Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

BARRY GREEN
May 10, 2012 @ 12:11 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry
Just found this site and great to see all this talk of Cupids.
Do you remember selling your record on the friday market in stamford with me ?
Best wishes
Barry Green.

Terry Rice-Milton
May 15, 2012 @ 11:20 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Barry, good to hear from you. I certainly do remember selling the Cupid's Disc on the market stall, great idea, don't think it had been done before. We must have shifted at least 3! How much were they? I thought 3 shillings and 6 pence but that might have been the price of a gallon of petrol at that time. Anyway, hopefully we shall meet up at the Reunion on 22nd September.
Terry.

Penny Lloyd-Evans
May 28, 2012 @ 10:03 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Remember the apple green room next to the place where the Oz crowd lived?

Joy Prior (Reeds)
July 6, 2012 @ 8:23 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Kate ,The missing Cupids listing  from France was from Joy Prior (Reeds)about buying her air ticket and Cupids september reunion ticket and how nice it is to read about old friends on Gateway. Regards Phil
Hi Phil.  Thanks for that posting.  Joy, sorry your posting went 'missing'.  If you have any more to add do not hesitate to send to the website. Kate

Nigel Cross
July 20, 2012 @ 5:07 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Re-union; This is brilliant news. We will be there on the 22nd, just need to get a flight in from "sunny" Bedfordshire. Anybody know of a good B&B within staggering distance of the venue.

Regards Nigel

Roger Partridge
July 21, 2012 @ 6:24 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Nigel, my part of Bedfordshire is definitely sunny today (makes a change!)

Terry Rice-milton
August 8, 2012 @ 3:48 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate, Nigel and Cupid's Inspiration friends,

I just wanted to say that we are looking forward to seeing as many people from the 'old days' as possible at the Reunion Gig on 22nd September.

Hope you have got your tickets!

We have been working pretty hard to try to  make it a success.

In any case - See you in the bar afterwards!

Wivlotsanlotsaluv,

Terry.

Clem Walden
September 2, 2012 @ 7:37 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry, looking forward to seeing you all on the 22nd at the Corn Exchange; We have our tickets.  I am so pleased this get together reunion event is finaly going to take place. I am sure It will be well suported and great evening.

Terry Rice-Milton
September 8, 2012 @ 10:26 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Clem,
Good to know that you will be there and not just my family and two friends( that many  friends I hear you say!)

Hope to meet as many people as possible on the night.

Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Terry Rice-Milton
September 23, 2012 @ 3:40 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Cupid friends and a BIG, BIG THANK YOU to all who attended the Reunion Gig at THE CORN EXCHANGE THEATRE (What a fabulous venue it is too and such lovely people who run it!)
It turned out to be a really MEMORABLE NIGHT for me personally.
Firstly, performance-wise. I haven't sung that many songs since I can't remember when! Then getting such a fabulous reaction from the audience.
Followed by meeting so many in the bar afterwards and trying to put names to faces - that was probably the hardes part of all. I was hoping to bump into Kate or Nigel to thank them in person. THANKS AGAIN ONE AND ALL - FROM CUPID'S INSPIRATION, XXXXXX PS we hope to do it again soon!

Clem Walden
September 23, 2012 @ 11:52 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry what a great performance at the Corn Exchange. Well done Cupids. There were so many of your old fans and friends there. The evening was fab. I pleased I managed to speak to you before your performance. After the show when I was in the bar you were surrounded so I was unable to get close to thank you. I did however have a word with Jim "The Hat Laughton" and told him to give you my kind regards. Anyway Terry it was great to see you and so many old friends who I had not seen for years. A great evening. You need to plan the next one.

Joy Prior (Reeds)
September 27, 2012 @ 1:13 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Cupids Reunion Gig ...I was a teenager again!!A fabulous evening and so worth  making the trip from France. Terry's voice was as superb as ever and a big thank you for including Under the Boardwalk... a long time favourite.
Kate: Anyone  have a good photo for inclusion?

Graham
November 28, 2012 @ 5:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

There are two songs that are all about personal power. That are about being strong. That are about living life to the full. Number two is You Will Never Walk Alone  Number one is "Yesterday has gone" It is the most important song ever. It reminds us not to be depressed by events in our pasts, fearful of our futures. All that truly matters is right now. WE forget this. We are hypnotised by life and forget what really matters. We all need to make the shift to this state of mind sometimes. It is sad that Teddy Randazzo who wrote it died age 68 in his sleep. As Teddy wrote "It's too late to live when you are dead"   This record never got it's just deserts. It eclipses "Yesterday" by the Beatles. That is just another song about a fail love life. This is about the passing of your life. Nothing is more important.  I play it loud. I play it often. I recommend you do the same. Remember what it is shouting at you. Grab it. Live it.  A brilliant Tony. I wish I had this song on my CV.

Terry Rice-Milton
December 13, 2012 @ 12:30 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Graham,
I feel I must echo your words in praise of the two songs and their meanings and the emotions they evoke. 'You'll Never walk alone' became an Anthem long before 'Yesterday Has Gone' became a 'Sixties Anthem'. I  too would like to praise and THANK Teddy Randazzo and Victoria Pike for making it possible for Cupid's Inspiration and myself to be part of the culture that is 'Popular Music' by creating a truly wonderful song. Mind you, a lot of people thought that 'My World' was as good, if not better, not to mention 'The sad Thing'....sorry ....got carried away!
By the way, were you at the Reunion Gig? Because they were the songs that we finished the evening with and it was absolutely fabulous to hear the audience join in. They took over 'You'll Never Walk Alone'! ( Or was it me taking a 'breather').

Kate, Nigel, Clem and Cupid friends, thanks for making 2012 a really special year for yours truly and I am sure I speak for the others too. Have a wonderful Xmas and a HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS new year! Hope to see and hear from you all again in 2013. Wivlotsanlotsaluv, Terry XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Cupid's Reunion Gig 22.09.2012

Cupid's Reunion Gig 22.09.2012

Thanks for the great photos Terry and Happy Christmas to you and yours: Kate

Roger Partridge
May 18, 2013 @ 6:29 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Brian Mathew played "My World"  on Sounds of the Sixties this morning.

Terry Rice-Milton
June 27, 2013 @ 9:03 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

We are looking forward to be playing at the Extonbury Festival on 20th July.
See you there?

Nigel Cross
July 16, 2013 @ 4:12 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Looking forward to weekend; just bought tickets online.Wont be there until after 2 due to work, so hope the main event happens after that. Nigel

Terry Rice-Milton
July 18, 2013 @ 3:26 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello Nigel,
Good to know that you will be there on Saturday. We'll be on in the afternoon, I'm told. Be sure to come and say hi and we can thank you in person for keeping us all in touch. Terry

Terry Rice-Milton
July 25, 2013 @ 2:24 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Brilliant reception at Extonbury Festival on Saturday!
Jim, Bernie, Tony and I really enjoyed ourselves, especially the accompaniment of the 4-5 year old 'Air-Guitarists'.
I think sales of the Plastic Guitars made over £100 for the charity on the day.
It was a real pleasure to meet Nigel Cross (the originator of the 'Cupid's' posting on Stamfordtown.com) after all this time and to be able to thank him in person. He and his lovely wife travelled up from Biggleswade.
I met some old 'workmates' and friends too, more reminiscing.

Nigel Cross
August 3, 2013 @ 4:55 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

What a lovely setting for a Music Festival. I didn't know about this venue until Terry posted it on this site. Well worth the trip up the. A1.  Pity we could not have stayed 'til the end, but our dog had to be let out. Next time we be more organised. It was a real treat to see the original "Cupids" playing live after all this time, and better still to meet them in person. I am still not sure whether they know the impact they had at the time, for us teenagers living in Stamford, knowing that a band from our little town, was on Top of the Pops and number three in the charts. It was a real treat of a day which will live me forever. I am sure there are more people still living in Stamford who remember those days and have not posted on this site. Thanks Terry, Mick and the band for a memorable day. Here's to the next time we meet.

Terry Rice-Milton
October 7, 2013 @ 1:20 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello, it's me again! I have great news - for me at least, but I hope you'll agree.
We are going to be back performing at the CORN EXCHANGE THEATRE, STAMFORD on Sat. 22nd March 2014.

Look forward to seeing as many as Fans and Friends as possible to make it an even better 'GIG' than last year's.
wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.
Kate: Hi Terry - I'm forwarding an email to you from Clem.  Hope you can arrange something with him.

Terry Rice-Milton
January 13, 2014 @ 12:10 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate, A belated Happy and Healthy New Year to one and all!!

I just wanted you to check your diaries to make sure that you have 22nd March 2014 pencilled in for the next Original Cupid's Inspiration 'gig' at The Corn Exchange Theatre, Stamford.

It was such a fantastic day last time that it took me a long time to 'come down' from the 'high I was on.
would love to see  the same again.
wivlotsanlotsaluv,Terry xxxxxxx

Nigel Cross
January 18, 2014 @ 2:31 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Tickets booked, accommodation booked. Looking forward to 22nd March.

Terry Rice-Milton
March 13, 2014 @ 5:25 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Really looking forward to next Saturday (22nd) at the Corn Exchange Theatre. Hope to see as many lovely people there as before!
Probably meet you and your good lady at the Bar Nigel.
Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.

Nigel Cross
March 24, 2014 @ 4:10 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Wow what a night, what a weekend. Never had so much fun in a long time. Had a trip round Stamford in the afternoon sampling the pubs, (not all). Bumped into Terry, in Broad Street, what a genuine bloke. stayed at the Dolphin Guest House in East Street (Excellent). Went to the gig in the evening. Lovely venue, good supporting band, "Harrington blues". Then the main event .
Two hours of a varied style of music, played expertly by five blokes who know how to rock the audience. "Yesterday Has Gone", no it hasn't, it is still alive and kicking. Thanks to Terry, Mick, Mick, Tony and Jim for a memorable night. here's to Extonbury.

Gail Morris
April 11, 2014 @ 5:19 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hiya, just came across this and I spose curiosity got me to this site to see how my uncle terry and auntie anna, just saying hi to the two most loveliest epople that made a greta impact on my childhood, love you both xxxx

Terry Rice-Milton
April 16, 2014 @ 5:22 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello Gail,
How are you? So good of you to say what you said about us. Auntie Anna sends her best (me too) to you and the family.xxxxxx

Hi Nigel,
Glad you enjoyed your day in Stamford and the 'Gig'. It is a great venue and the people are fantastic. It was a real pleasure seeing you too and hopefully we'll see you again at Extonbury. By the way, it was Jim (Bass), Tony (Drums), Mic (Keyboards) and Bernie (the Guitarist).

Wivlotsanlotsaluv to all who turned out to see us, Terry. xxxxxxx

Terry Rice-Milton
July 1, 2014 @ 2:33 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi All, Would be great to see you at Extonbury this Saturday 5th JULY. CUPID'S LAST STAND on at 8pm.

terry rice-milton
December 1, 2014 @ 11:07 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate and all Cupid's friends, it's that time of year again and I wanted to say a great big heartfelt THANK YOU to all those people who took the time to come and see us, at the Corn Exchange and The Extonbury Festival - Memorable!!!

Season's Greetings and a Happy, Healthy New Year to you all. I'm suret hat goes for the rest of the Cupid's Lads too.

Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry. xxxxxx
And all the best to you too, Terry. K

Nigel Cross
June 5, 2015 @ 6:25 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Just seen the video on YouTube.. Cupids are going on the road again. This is good news for all us oldies. Hope you play down Bedfordshire way. Is Extonbury going to be a get together of you all, if so we will be there.

leon
June 19, 2015 @ 9:24 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

i, ian was married to my sister for many years her name is Lorraine, I th[nk ian now lives in Skegness now he runs a bed@breakfast with his new wife I hope that helps,leon

Terry Rice-Milton
September 18, 2015 @ 4:09 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello Kate and Cupid friends.

Just to say that the boys and I will be back performing at the CORN EXCHANGE THEATRE, STAMFORD on 19TH DECEMBER 2015 for an XMAS SPECIAL!!!!
Would love to see you all there!!!

Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry

Terry Rice-Milton
November 18, 2015 @ 4:14 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Have you booked your seat yet? Only a month to go and we are back at the beautiful STAMFORD CORN EXCHANGE THEATRE! The 18th of DECEMBER to be exact. You can join in with the Christmas Songs and any of the others for that matter!!
Wivlotsanlotsaluv,
Terry.xxxx
Hi Terry - is it 18th or 19th?  K

Terry Rice-Milton
December 7, 2015 @ 3:04 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Kate and Friends of CUPIDS/PAGE2. I am sorry to say that we have had to postpone our  19th December Corn Exchange Show  until sometime in the NEW YEAR. Apologies for not informing you sooner but I shall let you know the new date A.S.A.P..

Meanwhile, ALL THE VERY BEST FOR XMAS AND THE NEW YEAR.

WIVLOTSANLOTSALUV XXXXXXX

Terry Rice-Milton
February 1, 2017 @ 1:40 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello and A (belated) HAPPY NEW YEAR! Just to let you know that we will be coming back to the CORN EXCHANGE on THURSDAY 13TH APRIL  2017. TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
It has been too long so look forward to seeing you ALL there!

Wivlotsanlotsaluv XXXXXXXX

p.s. I will be supporting Marty Wilde and Billie Davis 17th/18th February
Peterborough/Spalding just in case you are interested.

Nigel Cross
February 4, 2017 @ 2:01 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Tickets bought and accommodation booked for the 13th April. Cupids 68's at the Corn Exchange.   'All right, stay bright - not 'alf' pop pickers as Fluff used to say.

Nigel Cross
February 4, 2017 @ 2:01 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Tickets bought and accommodation booked for the 13th April. Cupids 68's at the Corn Exchange.   'All right, stay bright - not 'alf' pop pickers as Fluff used to say.

Terry Rice-Milton
April 4, 2017 @ 5:35 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Great to know that Nigel will be there. There is still time to get a ticket. It is on the 13th April at the CORN EXCHANGE THEATRE. Hope to see another great turnout - no work the next day 'cos it's Good Friday!
wivlotsanlotsaluv, Terryxxxxx

Terry Rice-Milton
April 20, 2017 @ 10:41 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello again, sorry to be a pain but I felt that I had to say what a FABULOUS turnout it was for our show at the Corn Exchange Theatre last Thursday.
Do hope that everyone enjoyed it as much as I and the rest of the band did it was truly MEMORABLE!!!
Must do it again very soon.
Many thanks for all who came.
wivlotsanlotsaluv,
TerryXXXXXXXX

Nigel Cross
April 21, 2017 @ 4:31 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

It certainly was a good night. The band where superb as usual and the supporting band excellent, only to be let down by the sound system of the venue. I said enough on the night to whoever listened but the girl singer and the musicians of the Extones deserved better from the venue. I don't really know what the problem was as I don't have the expert knowledge. Terry and Laughton as usual were on form and the rest of the band were professional as always.John the new guitarist was a hoot.  Hears to the next time. Just get the sound sorted out Corn Exchange, please.

Nigel Cross
January 8, 2018 @ 5:27 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Terry; Are we going to experience Cupid's at Stamford Corn Exchange in the coming weeks.

Mike Laughton
January 15, 2018 @ 4:55 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Shortly before they hit the bigtime I believe Cupids Inspiration were managed by a lady who ran an entertainments  agency in Stamford.
The lady in question was the partner of George Black who came originally from Scotland. George was a well-known local plumber who also had a hardware shop opposite St Mary's Church.
The agency, I believe, was run from an office in George's house somewhere near North Street Chapel.
This would have been around 1965/66. Anybody remember the name of the agency or the lady who ran it?

Terry Rice-Milton
January 26, 2018 @ 3:34 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!
We are working on it Nigel, it's not easy with me living down in Hertfordshire but you can bet your live that we'll do it sometime this year.
All the very best. T.R-M.

Roger Partridge
April 8, 2018 @ 6:24 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Mike, i don't think this is the agency you are thinking of, but there was an entertainments agency called Dawn Promotions. Run by Ken Cox and Keith Hancock its address in 1975 was in Casterton Road.

Terry Rice-Milton
April 30, 2018 @ 4:48 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

HI, Check out THE GRAINSTORE, OAKHAM SATURDAY 5th MAY, yes this Saturday Night!!!
Love to see you there!!  Terry, Jim, Barry, Roly and Kev. xxxxxx

Terry Rice-Milton
May 9, 2018 @ 1:26 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Just wanted to say - Thank you for such a great turnout and reception last Saturday at the Grainstore, Oakham. Could not have been better. It was lovely to see so many young'uns as well! Look forward to doing it again.
Wivlotsanlotsaluv. Terry.xxxxxxxxx

Terry Rice-Milton
May 25, 2018 @ 11:16 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

'YESTERDAY HAS GONE' - remember it???
Hard to believe but it is 50 Years since release and were on Stamford Market selling the vinyl 45s. CAN ANYONE THINK HOW MUCH  45s  COST BACK THEN?? Thanks to all who bought one!!