Stamford Egg Depot

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Stamford Egg Depot
Topic Originator: Tim Musgrove
Post Date May 15, 2010 @ 1:29 PM
 Stamford Egg Depot
 Egg Depot/drank with owner/manager's son
 Egg Depot/Doris Browett
 Egg Depot/1958/59

Tim Musgrove
May 15, 2010 @ 1:29 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I am sending the attached photo of my mother, June MUSGROVE (nee Cox) at work at Stamford Egg Depot.  Does anyone else have recollections of Stamford Egg Depot?

JUNE MUSGROVE (nee COX) AT work at STAMFORD EGG DEPOT

Double click on photo to go to larger image. then   Click on "All Sizes" to go to full screen image.  Click on photostream to see all stamfordtown's photos.  Click back button on your computer to return to this page

Peter
May 18, 2010 @ 3:18 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I remember the Egg Depot as at one time I used to drink in the Millstone with the son of the owner/manager. I'm desperately trying to remember his name which I think was Alan. Maybe all the Barnsley Bitter we drank has finally caught up with me!

Richard Standley
May 18, 2010 @ 4:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello Tim, my aunt Mrs Doris Browett worked at the egg depot for twenty five years or may be a little longer until she retired.It must be some twenty years since she worked there but  I feel sure she would have a mine of information about the place. She certainly knew lots of people from those days.

joan stafford
May 21, 2010 @ 8:42 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I worked at the egg depot from 1958-1959.The Boss was Mr. Drake and he lived in Emlyns Street.  

I worked in the office and the smell of eggs was dreadful.  One of the perks was a doz eggs cheap.  But I couldn't eat eggs while there, think it was the smell.  Eric Hunt worked with me, later he was postmaster in Ryhall Road Post Office, then moved to Bentley Street.
I think he had a son called Alan.

All eggs were graded - small, medium,large and the producers were paid according to the size of their eggs.
Kate:  Thanks Joan.  Nice to hear from you again.