Oil Painting

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: Oil Painting
Topic Originator: christine pattinson
Post Date February 15, 2012 @ 5:14 PM
 Oil Painting

christine pattinson
February 15, 2012 @ 5:14 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I left Stamford in 1959 and now live in Lancashire. and no longer have family in the town. I had an oil painting of "Stamford Market on Broad Street." painted by Cyril Mayes, a local artist. I sold it at  Batemans Auction on the 4th of February 2012, I inherited it from my Dad who was given it when he retired as secretary of The Oddfellows in Stamford. Did anyone out there buy it?? I just hope it has gone to a Stamford home

Oddfellows - Ben Painter -left (Secretary)

Kate:  Hi Christine.  Good to hear from you up there in Lancashire.  I remember the photo of your father and think the painting was in the photo?
It would be nice to know where the painting ended up.  Anyone out there have the painting on their wall?  Yes, I just looked up the photo of your Dad being presented with the painting - it looks a lovely painting.  If you go on Slideshow you will get a full-screen image of the photo - nice one of your Dad too.