FANE/ (2) new postings here now

Ancestor Gateway Forum - STAMFORD MEMORIES GATEWAY (Lincolnshire England) used as PRIDE and PREJUDICE FILM SET New Topic  |  Search
Thread Topic: FANE/ (2) new postings here now
Topic Originator: Kate
Post Date May 7, 2012 @ 1:15 PM
 RE: FANE SCHOOL/Page 2 please post here now
 RE: FANE/ (2) new postings here now

Kate
May 7, 2012 @ 1:15 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Fane Page 1 is full now.  Please post here and use page 1 as Archive only.  Thankyou.

Lang-Norris
May 23, 2012 @ 6:14 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

So pleased to see my name mentioned along with Ross, Clive, Chris and co. good to hear they are still around (as am I). If any of you want to contact me please feel free.

Kate
July 21, 2012 @ 1:56 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Please use this page FANE (2) for new postings

Keith Edwards
July 22, 2012 @ 12:58 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

My name is Keith Edwards and seeking old school friends from fame school from nineteen sixties onwards.my teacher was Mr Newell.I also remember miss deer.Mr cleveland.Mr turner.Mr Massey Kathleen Hayward. Sandra Lock, Jane Hubbard.Alan pask.

sandra nee lock
July 24, 2012 @ 2:55 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi Keith I aso remember Mr. turner, lobbing board rubbers at people Mr. Jones Mr. Simms, Miss Cropley, Mrs. Henson,Mr. Newell he was ok i used to bring goats milk in for him from our goat we had some good times didnt we.The teachers or most of them were firm, but fair happy days sometimes wish i could go back.

keith edwards
July 25, 2012 @ 7:24 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

HI SANDRA.DO YOU REMEMBER MY BEST MATE STEVE MELTON.WE HUNG ABOUT TOGETHER.
Kate: Hi Keith. I have edited your message and request that  if you wish to communicate on a social level with Sandra - I hope you will use  Facebook or one of the other social networking sites - sorry, but this is intended for Stamford Memories etc to share with other members of the Forum, so unfortunately, I prefer not to stray into the social "meet-up" area.
Hope you will understand.  If you or anyone in the year were intending to arrange a Reunion for the year group, or similar, I would be happy to post details on here to help with the arrangements.

keith edwards
July 29, 2012 @ 10:35 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

HI KATE.THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW.DIDN'T REALISE THAT I COULDN'T PUT THAT INFORMATION ON HERE.MY APOLIGES.
Hi Keith.  Thanks for understanding.  If you want to organise a Reunion just let me know and I will post info on here for you.

Richard Campbell
February 5, 2014 @ 2:23 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I was at the Fane School as an infant from 1954 to 56 and back again in 1960 to 65. Was anyone else there during these years.
Richard

Richard Standley
July 11, 2014 @ 2:34 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hello Cathy,I remember so well,what great times we had. Your mum was a real character and fun to work with.All that cooking.We would very often come straight from the Fane School and attend evening dinners or special events,laugh and sing as we dished out meals.3 lamb 2 chicken all with gravy. Mum would rattle out the orders trying to keep calm sometimes we would serve over three hundred meals and more. Are you still in Stamford?

Peter Leatherbarrow
July 25, 2014 @ 1:43 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I wasn't at Fane School but Mr Jones took over Stamford Tech in Drift Road, as Principal and Mrs Henson was there too teaching Geography 'O' level in about 1971 -72. She lived in Stilton and drove a blue Alfa Romeo!

Dianne Matthews
August 30, 2014 @ 2:10 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

I was at the Fane School in the late 50's,  The teachers were Miss Yates, Miss Holland, Miss Ward, Miss Cropley, Mrs Glover and Mrs Prytherch , she taught domestic science.
They weren't the best times in my life but I still remember them with a smile.

joan staffordnee Baverstock
September 1, 2014 @ 8:53 AM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

does anyone remember Mrs Sinker?  Her husband taught at boys school. No one ever mentions her.  She was very quick with a blackboard rubber, usually hitting the right target.  She was a good teacher .  Looking back I think most of them were, and we had respect for teachers.

Dianne Vine
September 5, 2014 @ 3:53 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Is that the same Mrs Sinker who taught Geography at Morcott Hall, I'm pretty sure her husband taught at Stamford school.

Staff list below by kind permission of Tom Fitchett

David Farman
May 24, 2015 @ 3:27 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Why o why has nobody mentioned Miss Essex ?

Richard Campbell
May 26, 2015 @ 2:44 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Oh yes I remember Miss Essex.......she gave me my first detention.
She taught French......or rather taught the conjugation of French verbs.
Her favourate expression was.......you are the height of lowness.....

Colin Fowler
January 25, 2017 @ 11:45 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Hi I remember miss Essex.  She taught me French in 1961 and 62.  She came from the Exeter school where she taught my brother for a while.

David Farman
July 24, 2017 @ 4:23 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Does anybody remember Miss Waites, I think she was the music teacher and if I remember  right she left the Fane school to emigrate to New Zealand.

Richard
July 27, 2017 @ 5:01 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Miss Waites also taught French. When we transferred in Autumn 1961 the classes were referred to as 1A 1B etc  and we were based in the temporary classrooms below the staff room  where they could keep an all seeing eye on us all. The playground was immediately out side the door next to the commerce room.

Ian
August 12, 2017 @ 3:05 PM Reply  |  Email  |  Print  |  Top

Her name was Judith Waites, she was from Goole and lodged with us. Pupils used to call her "heavyweight".
Does anyone remember Eileen Miles, a Canadian she also stayed with us.